News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

There is some kind of crazy man at the door.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 03:17:17 PM
There is some kind of crazy man at the door.

Is he looking for your mom?
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Razgovory

Apparently, he was just southern.  He was selling soap.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on June 17, 2011, 07:03:42 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2011, 06:50:52 AM
Go to a doctors.
Nyeah. Not the first time it has happened (the swatzika and the jew incident). Its stopped bleeding now anyway.
Though my sister panicked and phoned my mam who came home from work.
WTF?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Quote from: Razgovory on June 17, 2011, 07:04:29 PM
Apparently, he was just southern.  He was selling soap.

He was just trying to soft soap you.
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Camerus

Today I chanced upon and then read a picture book entitled The Harvey Milk Story, which looked like it was aimed at 7 or 8 year olds, lol.  Seemed pretty heavy for that age group.

Liep

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 17, 2011, 07:43:02 PM
Nyeah. Not the first time it has happened (the swatzika and the jew incident). Its stopped bleeding now anyway.
WTF?

Yeah, please tell that story; it has to be fucking brilliant with a recall like that.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Slargos

Norway's largest mobile phone provider was down for 18 hours last weekend. No calls. No sms. No internet.

This thursday it was knocked out again, for a couple of hours.

First they blamed it on the flooding. (  :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: :rolleyes: )

Then they blamed it on a faulty server.

Today they admit that they've been running at extremely close to capacity for some time now, and that it was just a matter of time before usage spikes would take out the net.

This is so fucking typically Norwegian that it's funny.

- Don't maintain anything.
- Don't expand capacity until capacity is blown
- Assign a commission to consider the nature of the problem after the fact rather than stay ahead of it

and last but not least
- schedule a solution to 10 years from now

Roads. Railroads. Networks. Laws. Taxes.

It permeates their entire society.

What I don't get is why Norwegians readily accept living in this kind of nut house and putting the same politicians in office year after year.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2011, 02:38:10 AM
WTF?

Yeah, please tell that story; it has to be fucking brilliant with a recall like that.
I mentioned it when it happened, its not so amazing. Was in the sauna, stood on some glass outside it and started bleeding like hell. Went to my friend's corridor as he had plasters and whatnot, whilst he was finding them I was left sitting on the floor, drunk and bleeding, whilst I waited I decided to draw stuff with my blood; pentagrams, a big swatzika, etc...
Completely forgetting that one of the people who had been with us was Jewish. She walked in and...yeah.
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2011, 06:55:53 AM
Quote from: Liep on June 18, 2011, 02:38:10 AM
WTF?

I mentioned it when it happened, its not so amazing. Was in the sauna, stood on some glass outside it and started bleeding like hell. Went to my friend's corridor as he had plasters and whatnot, whilst he was finding them I was left sitting on the floor, drunk and bleeding, whilst I waited I decided to draw stuff with my blood; pentagrams, a big swatzika, etc...
Completely forgetting that one of the people who had been with us was Jewish. She walked in and...yeah.

Sex?
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Eddie Teach

Was she an ugly Malaysian Jew?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?