News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Quote from: Josephus on June 16, 2011, 05:22:19 PM
Keep in mind, one doesn't have to post everything that happens on Languish. Seriously, this forum will still survive.

I think everyone here is interested in my turds. Well Brain at least. But at least I flush. And lock my doors.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Razgovory

I'm going to a lecture at the secretary of state's office at 7.  Wish me luck.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

I got to hang out with former KGB General Oleg Kalugin today at work.  Still hates Putin.

He described the younger generation of resurgent Russian nationalists emerging the last few years as the "Putler Jugend".  I was the only one that LOL'd out loud.

Ed Anger

I took a nap in my office.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

MadImmortalMan

:lol: @ Greece

SKOPJE, Macedonia — Macedonia on Tuesday began assembling a controversial 22-meter-high (72-foot-high) bronze statue of Alexander the Great, a monument seen as a towering challenge to neighboring Greece's claim on the ancient hero.

Giant pieces of the monument were brought Tuesday to a cordoned-off area in the heart of Macedonia's capital, Skopje, where construction of a pedestal is still under way. Over the next few days, cranes will be used to put together the parts of the statue, which some critics have accused of being a hubristic waste of money and the government says is an important part of city redevelopment.

Although the statue is officially named "Warrior on a Horse," the face closely resembles ancient depictions of Alexander, the warrior king born in Pella, northern Greece, who carved out an empire that reached the Himalayas before his death at age 32 in 323 B.C.

Greece and Macedonia remain locked in a 20-year dispute over the right to claim the region's ancient heritage, with conservative Macedonian Prime Minister Nikola Gruevski on a drive to pin ancient labels on the country's airports, highways and football stadiums — and now in Skopje's main square.

The two Balkan neighbors have failed to resolve a name dispute that has blocked the tiny republic's accession to NATO and progress toward becoming a member of the European Union.

Athens accuses its neighbor of falsely laying claim to its ancient heritage, and demands that the former Yugoslav republic modify its name so that it doesn't imply a territorial claim to its own, larger, northern region of Macedonia.

Macedonia, which gained independence from Yugoslavia in 1991, argues that its has been treated unfairly by its more powerful neighbor and says a 1995 agreement to change its constitution and flag should have ended any argument over potential claims on territory.

Many of Gruevski's critics in Macedonia voiced strong opposition to the statue project when the plans were first announced two years ago, arguing that it promoted nationalism, and that the venture was too costly in a country with staggering 32 percent unemployment. Several prominent architects also worried it would blight the city's skyline.

The statue will cost an estimated €5.3 million ($7.7 million). The monument, designed by sculptor Valentina Stevkovska, is 12 meters (39 feet) tall and will be placed on a 10-meter (33-foot) fountain pedestal. The statue's parts were built in Florence, Italy.

Copyright 2011 The Associated Press. All rights reserved. This material may not be published, broadcast, rewritten or redistributed.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=87DJ-LqYmHw
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

garbon

I pointed a finger at my boss and when he told me not to, I asked him what he was going to do.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 16, 2011, 05:35:24 PM

Instead of rushing to claim the past, both should focus on the present/future.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2011, 05:37:47 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 16, 2011, 05:35:24 PM

Instead of rushing to claim the past, both should focus on the present/future.

Let's face it. All Greece has is the past.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Josquius

QuoteIt could also be called locking the bathroom door, but you highlighted the really important step.
I was the only one home. No big deal.

Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 04:58:30 PM
It's called flushing dude. wtf indeed lol.
I was still using the bathroom. Meh.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2011, 06:08:44 PM

This just gets worse and worse.

Josquius

Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2011, 06:12:51 PM

:huh:
I used the loo, I felt I might need to use it again after my bath  and there's no sense wasting water when its not harming anyone (and the noise of the toilet refilling is mildly annoying), so I held off on flushing until then.
Kind of force of habit too as I normally get a shower and you can't do that just after flushing.
██████
██████
██████

sbr

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2011, 06:16:26 PM
Quote from: garbon on June 16, 2011, 06:12:51 PM

:huh:
I used the loo, I felt I might need to use it again after my bath  and there's no sense wasting water when its not harming anyone (and the noise of the toilet refilling is mildly annoying), so I held off on flushing until then.
Kind of force of habit too as I normally get a shower and you can't do that just after flushing.

The  noise of the toilet refilling is more annoying than the smell of your own shit?  Does your nose work?

Josquius

Quote from: sbr on June 16, 2011, 06:36:27 PM

The  noise of the toilet refilling is more annoying than the smell of your own shit?  Does your nose work?
Not very well no. Couldn't smell anything.
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2011, 06:16:26 PM

This part makes a little bit of sense, but generally speaking my advice is that you cut your losses and pretend your evil twin hijacked your account for the last couple posts.

The Brain

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 16, 2011, 05:24:31 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 16, 2011, 05:22:19 PM
Keep in mind, one doesn't have to post everything that happens on Languish. Seriously, this forum will still survive.

I think everyone here is interested in my turds. Well Brain at least. But at least I flush. And lock my doors.

Mine have been fairly firm lately. :)
Women want me. Men want to be with me.