And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

DGuller

Circumcised Florida would look better.  :hmm:

Josquius

More words of wisdom from my nanna today.
She was telling me of how my cousin went shooting rabbits on the weekend and a farmer asked him to come and do the shooting in his fields because he was overran with rabbits.
Nanna: They're not all rabbits though. Lots of them breed with rats.
Me: ....what?
Nanna: The rabbits breed with the rats. They're not 100% rabbit.
Me: That's impossible. Rabbits and rats are totally different animals.
Nanna: No, no, I remember when I was little the man who owned that farm told me the rabbits bred with the rats and he could tell the difference between a pure rabbit and a rat.
Me: But...that's....no nanna, no. It doesn't work that way. Its like a dog breeding with a cat.
Nanna: No, the farmer told me. He would know.
Me: Its just superstition. Its impossible!
Nanna: No, no, he could tell the difference.
Me: Sure,wild rabbits can be as dirty as rats. Maybe they live among rats. But they can't breed!
Nanna: The farmer told me.

....I think she's going mad.
██████
██████
██████

Barrister

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 13, 2011, 01:50:38 AM
I have no idea what it's from. I randomly found it on the net.

As mentioned, it's from Enterprise.  A Xindi attack on earth.
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

Quote from: Tyr on June 13, 2011, 02:42:22 PM
....I think she's going mad.
Maybe she's just stupid/ignorant?  Old people usually are.  Education has come a long way since then.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

jimmy olsen

I really wish I hadn't looked that up.  :x
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

sbr

Josephus

Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Neil

Yeah, the Santorum thing isn't really funny.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

it gets funnier/nastier if you know what santorum is.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Neil

Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2011, 02:26:09 PM
it gets funnier/nastier if you know what santorum is.
I know all about the neologism, but I don't accept the use of it.  Homosexuals are not permitted to hijack The Language for their dubious political purposes.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Josquius

I just looked up Santorum. Amusing.
Don't think its quite at the stage where it is an actual word but...funny thing to do.
██████
██████
██████