News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

MadImmortalMan

Oh hell. I'm crashing. Blood sugar. This hasn't happened in like two years. Must be the weight I've lost. If my wife doesn't get here with a Mt. Dew soon I'm hosed.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

jimmy olsen

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 14, 2011, 07:10:25 PM
Oh hell. I'm crashing. Blood sugar. This hasn't happened in like two years. Must be the weight I've lost. If my wife doesn't get here with a Mt. Dew soon I'm hosed.
Candy, crackers, etc?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

mongers

Found out someone I know has some royal appointed letters after her name. :blink:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2011, 02:31:22 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2011, 02:26:09 PM
it gets funnier/nastier if you know what santorum is.
I know all about the neologism, but I don't accept the use of it.  Homosexuals are not permitted to hijack The Language for their dubious political purposes.

They are when they're funny, in this is :)

Neil

Quote from: Jacob on June 14, 2011, 08:23:03 PM
Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2011, 02:31:22 PM
Quote from: HVC on June 14, 2011, 02:26:09 PM
it gets funnier/nastier if you know what santorum is.
I know all about the neologism, but I don't accept the use of it.  Homosexuals are not permitted to hijack The Language for their dubious political purposes.
They are when they're funny, in this is :)
It really isn't all that funny.  Even though Santorum is a political opponent of Mine, he's done nothing to deserve this sort of treatment.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on June 14, 2011, 07:10:25 PM

Jar of sugar? Fruit? Honey? Ice cream truck?
Hand the kids a $20 and tell them to buy as much candy as they can and run right back.
:hug:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Eddie Teach

Do most homos really want to reinforce the stereotype that they are petty bitches? Cause that's what the Santorum thing does.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

This is odd.
I keep getting emails with no sender mentioned, no subject, no content. :unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 15, 2011, 12:56:47 AM
Do most homos really want to reinforce the stereotype that they are petty bitches? Cause that's what the Santorum thing does.

What better way to knock down a ridiculous opponent? Make him a laughing stock that people of all walks can understand.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

It undermines Santorum personally, but it doesn't undermine opposition to gay rights. He is a mouthpiece for things people have traditionally believed, not an influential speaker who causes people to believe those things.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 15, 2011, 10:31:52 AM
It undermines Santorum personally, but it doesn't undermine opposition to gay rights. He is a mouthpiece for things people have traditionally believed, not an influential speaker who causes people to believe those things.

But that isn't the goal. There's no point in having a "serious" dialogue with him. It's about discrediting a mouthpiece.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on June 14, 2011, 08:34:19 PM

It really isn't all that funny.  Even though Santorum is a political opponent of Mine, he's done nothing to deserve this sort of treatment.

Wait, does he know this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2011, 11:21:14 AM

But that isn't the goal. There's no point in having a "serious" dialogue with him. It's about discrediting a mouthpiece.

The problem is I'm unsure who is discredited more in the exchange.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

Quote from: Razgovory on June 15, 2011, 11:45:11 AM
Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2011, 11:21:14 AM

The problem is I'm unsure who is discredited more in the exchange.

Indeed. Keep in mind that this was foisted up by Dan Savage and his followers. Many gay people don't even know anything about this. :D