News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Liep

Finally tried to fix a lamp that's been acting a bit weird, turning off by itself and only turning on half the time. Good idea as it was pretty much a fire hazard with a homemade halogen transformer and dodgy wiring.

Though, after cleaning some dust from it it works like a charm.

Note to self, buy new lamp.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 15, 2011, 11:21:14 AM
Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 15, 2011, 10:31:52 AM
It undermines Santorum personally, but it doesn't undermine opposition to gay rights. He is a mouthpiece for things people have traditionally believed, not an influential speaker who causes people to believe those things.

But that isn't the goal. There's no point in having a "serious" dialogue with him. It's about discrediting a mouthpiece.

"Discrediting a mouthpiece" is one of my favorite moves.

P.S. Dan Savage is a national treasure.  Although I haven't read Savage Love in about five years, I remember it being highly informative and horizon-expanding.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

mongers

Gonna have a go at catching some test cricket on Monday, assuming it's not raining.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 15, 2011, 02:48:02 PM
"Discrediting a mouthpiece" is one of my favorite moves.

I like "validate the importance of mouthpieces". :P

Quote from: Ideologue on June 15, 2011, 02:48:02 PMP.S. Dan Savage is a national treasure.  Although I haven't read Savage Love in about five years, I remember it being highly informative and horizon-expanding.

While I think he's a bit cagey at times (especially over homosexual issues), I do think he brings a lot of good to the table.  Some of his columns should be mandatory reading for high schoolers and college kids who fret about sex and relationships.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

MadBurgerMaker

Huh.  That's kinda weird.  I'm most likely in this picture somewhere, either inside just behind the bridge window on the far right, or (more likely, depending on which flags those are) on the signal bridge or wing chain smoking and wishing the carrier would go away so I could go do something more interesting, like smoke somewhere else and think about the dumbass things I'm going to do in the next port.

Full size: http://upload.wikimedia.org/wikipedia/commons/7/71/US_Navy_030329-N-1577S-004_The_Military_Sealift_Command_combat_stores_ship_USNS_San_Jose_%28T-AFS_7%29_pulls_alongside_USS_Nimitz_%28CVN_68%29_for_a_routine_Vertical_Replenishment_%28VERTREP%29.jpg

I think I have one from the...er...opposite direction.

Edit:  No, I only have the Boxer and Kitty Hawk (and smaller stuff) on this computer.  Don't know where my regular old film shots are anymore.  That cruise was really fun.  I miss that shit.

garbon

http://theoatmeal.com/comics/127_hours

:lol:

It's a fitting type joke for Arrested Development.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Josquius

eww, my dog can be quite minging sometimes.
I'm not feeling too healthy at the moment and before I got in the bath I had a poo. Whilst I was sitting in the bath my dog opened the door and came in and started sniffing around. Noticing something interesting by the toilet....she gets up and has a look in the bowl. She starts dancing around the edge of the loo trying to get at it, failing she starts shouting at me and motioning me towards the toilet, seeing me not moving to help she tries harder herself. She leans further over the edge of the bowl and starts reaching her paw towards the poo, crying to get at it.
Just wtf.
██████
██████
██████

garbon

Zoupa

It's called flushing dude. wtf indeed lol.

garbon

Quote from: Zoupa on June 16, 2011, 04:58:30 PM
It's called flushing dude. wtf indeed lol.

It could also be called locking the bathroom door, but you highlighted the really important step.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tyr on June 16, 2011, 04:29:24 PM
She leans further over the edge of the bowl and starts reaching her paw towards the poo, crying to get at it.
Just wtf.

She was probably doing her best trying to bury it.  You fucking moron slob.  Your dog has more sense than you do.

Josephus

Keep in mind, one doesn't have to post everything that happens on Languish. Seriously, this forum will still survive.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

FunkMonk

Person. Woman. Man. Camera. TV.