Previous topic - Next topic

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2011, 06:53:33 PM

Quote from: mongers on June 18, 2011, 03:02:53 PM
Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2011, 01:30:08 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 18, 2011, 12:51:40 PM
ABSOLUTELY NORMAL BEHAVIOR.
Note I was drunk. :contract:
But hey, it was bleeding out anyway. Might as well doodle.

Tyr, you didn't just spend a holiday in Clarach Bay ? :gasp:

....yes. My sister was working there.
Why? You know Borth?

For two years I lived a couple of miles inland from Clarach, up a hill in a small village called bow street;
I've even spent the occasion evening in that weird social club at Clarach bay. :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

jimmy olsen

bleeding out means bleeding to death Tyr.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

My debating skills must have increased dramatically.  I thank Languish.  My argument with the store manager, which took place shortly after testing the veracity of the "shatterproof" claims marked on a series of containers went so well, the guy practically begged me to just leave the store.  He was so crushed by the logic of my arguments he just wanted me to leave as quickly as possible.  No doubt he is wallowing in self-pity as he cleans up the glass shards on the Walmart floor.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 18, 2011, 07:58:49 PM
bleeding out means bleeding to death Tyr.

It's sad to see him tortured so, someone should have just smashed his forehead in with a captive bolt pistol.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Razgovory on June 18, 2011, 08:01:05 PM
My debating skills must have increased dramatically.  I thank Languish.  My argument with the store manager, which took place shortly after testing the veracity of the "shatterproof" claims marked on a series of containers went so well, the guy practically begged me to just leave the store.  He was so crushed by the logic of my arguments he just wanted me to leave as quickly as possible.  No doubt he is wallowing in self-pity as he cleans up the glass shards on the Walmart floor.

:lol:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Josquius

It seems the honeymoon is over. Spotify no longer lets you listen to songs more than 5 times. :(

Quote from: mongers on June 18, 2011, 07:57:35 PM
For two years I lived a couple of miles inland from Clarach, up a hill in a small village called bow street;
I've even spent the occasion evening in that weird social club at Clarach bay. :cheers:
Ouch, poor you.
██████
██████
██████

mongers

Quote from: Tyr on June 19, 2011, 10:02:32 AM
It seems the honeymoon is over. Spotify no longer lets you listen to songs more than 5 times. :(

Quote from: mongers on June 18, 2011, 07:57:35 PM
Ouch, poor you.

Yes that club was shite, but only served it's purpose as it was the nearest place on a Sunday drink. (this was when Ceridigion was dry on the sabbath!)

Others a good time was had by all.

Almost ended up moving on to a hippy commune up the road, the lack of floor boards put me off.  :cool:

Admiral Yi

The US army is eliminating the black beret for non-special forces troops.  Hooray.

Razgovory

Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 19, 2011, 04:06:41 PM
The US army is eliminating the black beret for non-special forces troops.  Hooray.

Yeah, that was hideous.

mongers

Good, US forces always look daft in beret; they should adopt a whole range of different formal and headwear.

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Tonitrus

Still used by all troops in the service uniform, just no longer in the ACUs.  And can still be mandated by the local commander if they want to keep it.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Tonitrus on June 19, 2011, 05:07:52 PM
Still used by all troops in the service uniform, just no longer in the ACUs.  And can still be mandated by the local commander if they want to keep it.

First the air conditioning units, then the service uniforms.  Incremental progress.

mongers

HisMajestyBOB

They're replacing it with a badge that says "I'm special :)"
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help