News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Caliga on June 21, 2011, 05:23:29 AM
I'll be pleased when gas hits 79 cents a gallon, which it was when I started driving. :)

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

So Cal started driving in the 70s?  :hmm:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Slargos

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 21, 2011, 01:04:35 PM
So Cal started driving in the 70s?  :hmm:

They start early with most things up in them thar hils.

Eddie Teach

He's from Philadelphia. :contract:
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Caliga

Ok, so I don't have a perfect memory.  Sue me. :blush: I guess it was like $1.10 or something.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josephus

Quote from: Slargos on June 21, 2011, 12:47:11 PM
Quote from: Josephus on June 21, 2011, 12:37:15 PM
I need to get out of the office more.
Went out for lunch today. This is what I saw:

First, a woman, probably in her early 30s, wearing tight lululemons. First she was bending over so i could exactly that she was wearing thongs. Then, when she left, she walked past my table and she may as well have had a sign saying "Look at my cameltoe."

Second, at the table beside me were two young women--college intern age-- in short skirts. When one of them got up to leave she spread her legs displaying her nice red panties.

Now, I'm expected to get back to work?

I think it's fair to assume they're doing it just to piss you off.

The proper response is to find out where they live, kidnap them and deposit them in your basement.

For the purpose of this exercise it is advisable to first build a walk-in freezer and stock up on hydrochloric acid.

I've also got a blacked-out van...no serial rapist/killer is complete without one.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ideologue

Quote from: Tyr on June 18, 2011, 01:30:08 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 18, 2011, 12:51:40 PM
ABSOLUTELY NORMAL BEHAVIOR.
Note I was drunk. :contract:
But hey, it was bleeding out anyway. Might as well doodle.

Okay, Atrocitus.  Those Oans sure are dicks, right?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Liep on June 21, 2011, 05:51:09 AM
Quote from: Admiral Yi on June 21, 2011, 05:42:24 AM
Two cars across the way have sprouted Ron Paul bumper stickers.  White guys, recent college grads by the look of things.

I'm all for a ban on political advertising in public space.

This is how Denmark will look in 2 months:

Dan Jurgens makes shitty comics these days.  Don't vote for him.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josephus

I think the cyclist has a tummy ache. :(
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

CountDeMoney

Josquius

Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2011, 02:26:11 PM

Que?
██████
██████
██████

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on June 21, 2011, 02:26:11 PM
They really are.  But then again, so are the Red Lanterns.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ideologue

Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

I made a girl cry in class today, my co-teacher thought it was hilarious. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Razgovory

Quote from: jimmy olsen on June 21, 2011, 09:35:56 PM
I made a girl cry in class today, my co-teacher thought it was hilarious. <_<

Why did you do this?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017