And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

fhdz

and the horse you rode in on

Iormlund

Eight months after surgery and my Crohn's is nowhere to be seen. Bloodwork and barium swallow tests negative, scanner to follow.
I've gained a couple more Kg, I'm up to 65 now. I'm also increasing my physical activities - I've been walking, bowling, playing basketball and karting (damn I love karting). :yeah:

PDH

Screwed up back, no biking this week.  I did go hiking at a place called Vedauwoo (google that for some images), so I got a workout climing over rocks.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Quote from: fahdiz on June 05, 2009, 03:59:34 PM
Quote from: lustindarkness on June 03, 2009, 05:08:16 PM
Quote from: PDH on June 03, 2009, 05:07:01 PM
Oh God, you are so dead.
I call dibs on his bike!

We will arm-wrestle for it! :angry:
how 'bout we race for it, you on foot, me on his bike  ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

lustindarkness

Quote from: Iormlund on June 05, 2009, 04:31:25 PM
Eight months after surgery and my Crohn's is nowhere to be seen. Bloodwork and barium swallow tests negative, scanner to follow.
I've gained a couple more Kg, I'm up to 65 now. I'm also increasing my physical activities - I've been walking, bowling, playing basketball and karting (damn I love karting). :yeah:
awesome
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

fhdz

My dragon boat team made the semifinals in the Rose Festival this weekend.  We were one second away from making Finals in our division.
and the horse you rode in on

saskganesh

I finally get my real bike this week. it's only been 120 plus days since I moved. :)
humans were created in their own image

Maladict

Disassembling the bike for transportation to the French Alps where I will meet my doom.
If I don't report back in a week or so, Lusti gets what's left of the bike.

Norgy

I just realised I have dropped 16 kg since November. And I still look fat.

Fuck it.

BuddhaRhubarb

Quote from: Norgy on June 30, 2009, 03:26:20 PM
I just realised I have dropped 16 kg since November. And I still look fat.

Fuck it.

I know what you mean. I've lost over 30kg (70+ lbs) in 18months and I'm still flabby. need to tone up.

don't give up, norgy.
:p

PDH

I lost 40 lbs since December and everyone thinks I look unhealthy...I need cheeseburger.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

BuddhaRhubarb

yeah some friends of mine get that " are you ok?" looks from people who haven't seen them slimmer.

I tend to get good "looks" in that way tho' because I was way unhealthy looking before. bad skin, bags, etc.... I looked my age.

No longer. :p
:p

Alatriste

The Good: I tried some old summer shirts and they are far too big for me now. I have lost a lot of volume, specially around the shoulders, and my body seems very definitely more athletic than ever before.

The Bad: I'm stuck around 88 kg. That means I'm getting denser (in a physical sense only, I hope...  :lol: ) and that exercise alone is not going to make me lose more weight, I need a harsher diet too. Curse you, Evolution!

The Ugly: Well, actually not. I'm seeing evident improvements in my pectorals, shoulder muscles, and forearms. However, waist, abdominals, legs and biceps are proving quite more difficult...

Maladict

175 km of torture, but I made it within 18 minutes of the cut-off time. :yeah:

PDH

-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM