News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Quote from: Alatriste on July 01, 2009, 02:47:42 AM
The Bad: I'm stuck around 88 kg. That means I'm getting denser (in a physical sense only, I hope...  :lol: ) and that exercise alone is not going to make me lose more weight, I need a harsher diet too. Curse you, Evolution!

The Ugly: Well, actually not. I'm seeing evident improvements in my pectorals, shoulder muscles, and forearms. However, waist, abdominals, legs and biceps are proving quite more difficult...

dont worry so much about weight.  Once you get to this point it is all about body fat percentage.  You may actually increase your weight but decrease your body fat percentage.

Norgy

I am probably down to a clean 90 kgs
I look handsome.  :cool:

Iormlund

I've recovered pretty much the same shape I was in a couple years ago. It's interesting how the body "remembers" that I have always had significant muscle volume, even when I don't get to exercise that much.

PDH

Biked a 20 mile round-trip ride that started at 5000 feet, went to 8100 feet...

The second half was a lot easier.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

crazy canuck

Quote from: PDH on July 06, 2009, 10:19:03 AM

Wow.  That is some nice climbing.  If you ever get to Vancouver I can take you on some mountain bike trails that you would probably enjoy.

PDH

Quote from: crazy canuck on July 06, 2009, 10:21:45 AM
Wow.  That is some nice climbing.  If you ever get to Vancouver I can take you on some mountain bike trails that you would probably enjoy.
I was at my sisters place in Casper, Wyoming...to escape family I put myself through torture...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

saskganesh

50 k plus 20 K on the bike this weekend. good riding.

the chicka is liking my taut ass.
humans were created in their own image

fhdz

I ran 3 miles on Thursday night.

Friday morning we biked 22 miles and went to three parties.

Saturday morning we kayaked all the way around Ross Island and then attended another party/BBQ.

Yesterday morning we biked 30 miles.

I am: pooped.
and the horse you rode in on

Maladict

Nice.

PDH

Quote from: Maladict on July 06, 2009, 11:11:37 AM

Nice.
I live at 7220 feet, so it wasn't that bad...the climb was rather long though... (my nephew (18) was riding with me and suffered more, so I felt good)
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

fhdz

A little bit of rest goes a long way.  I'm going to take the girls to the community center tonight so they can swim; I'll be in the gym running three miles.

Queequeg

Going to the gymn today for the first time in two months.  Feel great about it. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

fhdz

Who is that in your avatar, Psellus?

PDH

Down to 200 lbs...more fit than I have been in 20 years...why is it when I was flabby, fat, out of shape I didn't worry about how I looked, but now I am thinner and healthier I feel bad?
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

alfred russel

Does anyone have a 10 week training program to knock 5-10 minutes off of a 1 hour 10k?
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014