And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

PDH

Quote from: Queequeg on May 02, 2009, 10:30:36 AM
Went through something similar a few years ago.  Felt amazing.   :hug:
Amazing was that I let myself fall that far apart in the first place.  I am feeling out of sorts now as my bike is getting a major overhaul after riding all winter...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on May 02, 2009, 12:01:31 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 02, 2009, 10:30:36 AM
Went through something similar a few years ago.  Felt amazing.   :hug:
Amazing was that I let myself fall that far apart in the first place.  I am feeling out of sorts now as my bike is getting a major overhaul after riding all winter...
I was pretty big as a kid, getting into shape was fan-fucking-tastic.  Everything physical feels amazing; running, walking, breathing even. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

PDH

Quote from: Queequeg on May 02, 2009, 12:05:44 PM

I was pretty big as a kid, getting into shape was fan-fucking-tastic.  Everything physical feels amazing; running, walking, breathing even.
I came back from my sailing at 21 weighing 170lbs, by 39 I weighed over 320...I was always husky as a kid, but the decline I had was bad.  Now that I bike and walk and work out, the whole weight loss thing is quite nice.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

Quote from: PDH on May 02, 2009, 10:10:07 AM
Finally below 220 lbs, this is significant as 4 years ago I weighed over 320 lbs.  218 this morning, with my goal at 200 (6' tall) by the time September ends...

You are no longer as much a man as you used to be.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

PDH

Quote from: lustindarkness on May 02, 2009, 12:34:50 PM
You are no longer as much a man as you used to be.
I am far less of a man, indeed.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Ed Anger

I'm one good bowel movement way from dropping another pants size. Only problem is, I'm already 30 pounds underweight.

I must be on the Dachau diet plan.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Queequeg

Quote from: PDH on May 02, 2009, 12:09:06 PM
Quote from: Queequeg on May 02, 2009, 12:05:44 PM

I came back from my sailing at 21 weighing 170lbs, by 39 I weighed over 320...I was always husky as a kid, but the decline I had was bad.  Now that I bike and walk and work out, the whole weight loss thing is quite nice.
How tall are you?  220 for me is fantastically thin; I'm 6'3-4 and broad shouldered. 
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

PDH

6 foot.  I was fantastically thin at 155 lbs (after sailing when I had nothing to eat after returning to school), 200 is kinda chunky still for me.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Iormlund

Seven months after surgery now. I'm eating as much as I want* and I can't for the life of me gain weight. But on the other hand I don't lose it, either.
I look quite well, so the only thing that bothers me is I have no stamina. I've gone swimming a couple times, but other than going up and down a few stairs I do no real exercise regularly. I don't feel like it after work, since I get home at 19:15 at the earliest, quite tired already. I need to get a new job with sane working hours, but this is not the best time and I actually like the one I have.  Bah.

*Which is not that much. After a couple years eating pretty much nothing I get sated very, very fast.

jimmy olsen

I think I pulled a muscle doing sit ups yesterday. <_<
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

PDH

Got my bike back, ready for a summer of riding hard - new brake pads, replaced the rear shock, new chain...and the fucking gears are slipping.  I take it back at lunch and get to complain.

Rassafrassin crabbelbrackin...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

Brazen

Back in the workout saddle. YMCA 3 times a week (for the gym, not the young men) and running or indoor biking depending on the weather at weekends. Just entered the Y's "Half Tri" challenge - 1,500m row, 6km bike and 2km run fast as you can. My heat's 4th June.

katmai

Having swine flu (no not really just chest cold) does wonders as have no appetite.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Brazen

Signed up to www.milife.com 'cos I love teh tech but can't afford and don't think I'd make enough use of a Wii Fit.

PDH

So I went for a 30 mile bike ride on Sunday.  Remarkable how much easier it is to move my carcass about with less weight on it...

Oh, I must be the only casual bike riding American who bought a 1500 dollar bike a few years ago who has ridden it enough that the dealer says "I can fix it up some, but this is about done" since all my friends have bikes that just sit there.
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM