No, they don't kill and army baaaad.
██████
██████
██████

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 10, 2010, 01:46:54 AM
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=mjvkS0bqx70&

Ridiculous.

Jesus Tittyfucking Christ, I hate Hollywood.

QuoteA group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.

Should've worked for Blackwater instead.  CASE DISMISSED

Syt

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 08:36:23 AM
QuoteA group of Iraq War veterans looks to clear their name with the U.S. military, who suspect the four men of committing a crime for which they were framed.

Should've worked for Blackwater instead.  CASE DISMISSED

:lol:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Viking

That trailer makes the movie look like cutting room floor scenes from Transformers. I am so worried that my childhood is about to be raped.
First Maxim - "There are only two amounts, too few and enough."
First Corollary - "You cannot have too many soldiers, only too few supplies."
Second Maxim - "Be willing to exchange a bad idea for a good one."
Second Corollary - "You can only be wrong or agree with me."

A terrorist which starts a slaughter quoting Locke, Burke and Mill has completely missed the point.
The fact remains that the only person or group to applaud the Norway massacre are random Islamists.

Darth Wagtaros

The herky jerky seizure inducing trailers of today usually make me not want to watch a movie.

The special effects looked stupid.  Even the theme music seemed watered down.  This is a movie I'll have to watch only after it shows up oin Hulu.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Tonitrus on January 10, 2010, 07:26:23 AM
Holy crap...Martinus is dead-on correct on this one.

Of course, it's just A-Team political analysis, but still.
Nope, he is as wrong as usual.  Look at Oex's analysis for the correct version.  Marti is just doing his best to make sure that the average European's intelligence sounds average.

American Westerns in general are classic "European liberal" constructs:  what is important is the individual and the individual's values, not groups or group values (whether gangs or businesses).
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 10, 2010, 10:07:05 AM
The herky jerky seizure inducing trailers of today usually make me not want to watch a movie.

The special effects looked stupid.  Even the theme music seemed watered down.  This is a movie I'll have to watch only after it shows up oin Hulu.
Agreed.  The only reason they are calling this generic bit of work "The A-Team" is that they think it will sell a few more tickets.  This version is gonna clearly be about bad special effects, with a few "classic" memes just to remind us that it is a remake.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Darth Wagtaros

And Liam Neeson looked absolutely horrid.  What did they do to him?
PDH!

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 10, 2010, 11:41:39 AM

He's going through a rough patch.  Be glad his self-destruction is limited to this, and not at the bottom of a whiskey bottle.

Queequeg

Quote from: CountDeMoney on January 10, 2010, 12:27:38 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 10, 2010, 11:41:39 AM

He's going through a rough patch.  Be glad his self-destruction is limited to this, and not at the bottom of a whiskey bottle.
Yeah.  Can't blame him though.  He really seemed to love his wife.   :(
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

viper37

Quote from: PRC on June 29, 2009, 01:37:08 PM
It was a sexist show.  I loved it as a kid.
All shows of that era were sexist.
I don't do meditation.  I drink alcohol to relax, like normal people.

If Microsoft Excel decided to stop working overnight, the world would practically end.

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2009, 06:14:52 PM
The episode I outlined above doesn't fit that formula, but I think it was late in the show's run so maybe they were experimenting more in an effort to save the show.  That Mexican dude who they added late in the series was in it IIRC.
just watched this one on Hulu.  Apparently tyhis was the last season, and I think the producers changed or something, so the direction of the show changed to them being tools of the government instead of freelance terrorists.
PDH!

grumbler

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on January 10, 2010, 01:59:53 PM
Quote from: Caliga on June 29, 2009, 06:14:52 PM
The episode I outlined above doesn't fit that formula, but I think it was late in the show's run so maybe they were experimenting more in an effort to save the show.  That Mexican dude who they added late in the series was in it IIRC.
just watched this one on Hulu.  Apparently tyhis was the last season, and I think the producers changed or something, so the direction of the show changed to them being tools of the government instead of freelance terrorists vigilantes.
FYP.  we free-lancers don't like the term "terrorists" because we don't even scare people.

Bayraktar!