News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Brazen

Quote from: PDH on May 19, 2009, 10:04:05 AM
So I went for a 30 mile bike ride on Sunday.  Remarkable how much easier it is to move my carcass about with less weight on it...

Oh, I must be the only casual bike riding American who bought a 1500 dollar bike a few years ago who has ridden it enough that the dealer says "I can fix it up some, but this is about done" since all my friends have bikes that just sit there.
\
That's amazing Peedy! Have you thought about entering some events? Like the public leg of the Tour de France? The Pyrenees would have nothing on your mountain-honed thews!

And and I know about the weight thing, sadly experiencing the opposite right now. Still aerobically fit and strong, just harder to move my fat ass about.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 02, 2009, 01:35:18 PM
I'm one good bowel movement way from dropping another pants size. Only problem is, I'm already 30 pounds underweight.

I must be on the Dachau diet plan.

I should have made a thread in the back room.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

PDH

Quote from: Brazen on May 19, 2009, 10:08:34 AM
That's amazing Peedy! Have you thought about entering some events? Like the public leg of the Tour de France? The Pyrenees would have nothing on your mountain-honed thews!

And and I know about the weight thing, sadly experiencing the opposite right now. Still aerobically fit and strong, just harder to move my fat ass about.
Not really the event type.  I just like to go out and ride - luckily there are plenty of spots here to do just that, ride in the wilderness on trails and not even meet others.  Someday I will tell you my secret to weight loss...but not till I patent it.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Brazen

First swim of the year. The fit of my swimming costume was a terrible shock :(

Valmy

Back up to 194  <_< <_< <_<

Stupid wedding and Honeymoon and crap.  I am going to reach 170 by winter come hell or high water damn it.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on May 20, 2009, 07:33:16 AM
First swim of the year. The fit of my swimming costume was a terrible shock :(

My weight watchers meeting is really filling up with women now that summer is on the way :P
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Darth Wagtaros

I try to walk somewhere's between 1 and 4 miles either every day or every other day.  I lost 35 poudns last year, I wanna lose another 20 or so.
PDH!

Ed Anger

Quote from: Valmy on May 20, 2009, 08:28:22 AM

My weight watchers meeting is really filling up with women now that summer is on the way :P

DAN MARINO? LACES OUT!
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Maladict

Just over a month to go  :(

PDH

Did 20 miles on the bike today, 15 yesterday.  Thank hod I had been riding all winter, or else my ass would no longer be on speaking terms with me now.
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

lustindarkness

So my son, no wait, my Honor Roll Son earned himself a bike, he has upgraded from a 20 inch bmx to a 24 inch mountain bike. I can no longer outrun him even sprinting my legs off.  :( Now I want a bike.  <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

saskganesh

riding the bike every day now. its awesome, so much to see in my new city and there is tons of routes. 20 km plus is normal for a weekend ride atm.
humans were created in their own image

Brazen

Doing this online thingy which helps you plan exercise, monitors your activity with a wrist sensor, records daily weigh-ins  and has you fill in a food diary. Results to date prove I do plenty of exercise but eat and drink about 1000 calories too much a day :P Guess I better do something about that then.

Tonight I'm doing a trial run of the YMCA's indoor tri I've entered - 1,500m* row, 6km cycle and 2km run.

The bloke said I have "fit legs" this weekend. Don't think anyone's every complimented my leggage before :unsure:

* The leaflet actually says 1,500km. I'm hoping this is a typo!

PDH

I once got a lady mad at me for telling her that her legs looked very muscular...I don't think that was the effect she was looking for...
-Umberto Eco

-------

-CdM

BuddhaRhubarb

maintaining my 190-195 weight without a ton of exercise apart from 1 or 2  5-10 mile city hikes (read Death Marches) each weekend. reading this thread, though makes me want to get a bike. I want to start doing a bit of running, but don't know if I'm up to it or not. I'm at the point where I just need to lose a lot of flab. most of the weight is gone, and I need to tone up a lot. A lot, if I ever want to go to a beach.
:p