News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

consumer reports maintain I have a great ass, but advise I should not brag about it.
humans were created in their own image

Lucidor

Quote from: lustindarkness on August 15, 2009, 07:56:46 PM
Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 05:24:50 AM
Doing some running to stay in shape. I am currently in a town in rural Transylvania. My problem is with those free running canines everywhere. They all seem to bark a lot, and from my GF who is a canophobic, I get no sound advice, only that I really shouldn't be outside at all, or just run in the city centre.

I did about 5-6 km along a heavily trafficked main road today, but I am longing for the lush green hills I see everywhere.

What are people's strategies for dealing with loose dogs, "tame" and feral. I don't see too many sheep, so I don't think any of them are overprotective sheepdogs.
Sadly you have to interrupt your workout if you think it is going to bite you, stop, extend your arms and shout the dog back home. Believe it or not, it works most times. You can't outrun a good size dog if he really wants to get you, but most of the time you can scare him enough to make him stop. If it does not work, you have to kick him, just hope no neighbor sees you and tells on you.
So, making yourself big and scary works, huh? I'll see if I have to use that one... Thanks!

Darth Wagtaros

Yesterday I went for a mile long walk and spent two hours in the gym. I hurt all over.  Going to try to do that again 3 more times this week along with a general cut back in food.  Maybe do 1400 calories aday, combined with increased physical activity.
PDH!

Ed Anger

The physical therapy seems to have fixed my rotator cuff/shoulder problem, so barring a blow up on the mound, no surgery needed.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

merithyn

I start Weight Watchers tomorrow. I will also start walking in the mornings, again. Ugh.
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

alfred russel

Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 16, 2009, 08:42:48 AM
Yesterday I went for a mile long walk and spent two hours in the gym. I hurt all over.  Going to try to do that again 3 more times this week along with a general cut back in food.  Maybe do 1400 calories aday, combined with increased physical activity.

I don't think it is a good idea to cut to just 1400 calories a day while increasing physical activity.
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 05:39:27 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 15, 2009, 05:35:28 AM
Run faster.  :P

Really though, I have no idea.  I sorta swim and sorta bike, neither of which really make me vulnerable to any stray dogs.  Running hurts.  Heh.
:-p

What I'm wondering is if the dogs really just want to bark at you or if they are truly out to get you.
Carry a stick.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Lucidor

Quote from: jimmy olsen on August 16, 2009, 09:35:05 PM
Quote from: Lucidor on August 15, 2009, 05:39:27 AM
Quote from: MadBurgerMaker on August 15, 2009, 05:35:28 AM
Run faster.  :P

Really though, I have no idea.  I sorta swim and sorta bike, neither of which really make me vulnerable to any stray dogs.  Running hurts.  Heh.
:-p

What I'm wondering is if the dogs really just want to bark at you or if they are truly out to get you.
Carry a stick.
You would look sort of retarded if you ran around with a stick the size to maul dogs, not to mention drawing attention from the locals. I don\t want to do that! :p

Darth Wagtaros

Quote from: alfred russel on August 16, 2009, 09:17:17 PM
Quote from: Darth Wagtaros on August 16, 2009, 08:42:48 AM

I don't think it is a good idea to cut to just 1400 calories a day while increasing physical activity.
16 hundred then!
PDH!

saskganesh

Quote from: merithyn on August 16, 2009, 09:13:32 PM
I will also start walking in the mornings, again. Ugh.
oh you have it rough.

merithyn

Quote from: saskganesh on August 19, 2009, 04:42:07 PM
oh you have it rough.

No, not really. But this is an incredibly stressful time at work, and sleep is at a premium. The "ugh" was more about the mornings than the walking.

Joined Weight Watchers on Monday. Parties most nights this week, but I ate dinner before the two I went to last night, so kept my points down. It really makes it hard to stick to anything, though, when you're running around most of the time. <_<

merithyn

First weigh-in: down 4.4 pounds. :yeah:

First goal: get down to the weight I was when I met Max. Twenty-three pounds to go. :blush:

Walking 20-40 minutes every day. Eating far fewer calories than before, and even having a hard time eating as much as I'm supposed to.

Valmy

I am now down to 184 pounds (83.5 Kgs)!  30 pounds down, 14 to go.  Just 5 pounds from no longer being technically overweight either.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

saskganesh

90 k. if I had a couple more hours, and sufficient calories, I could have made it to Hamilton
and back. maybe next time.

PDH

Well, for a month I have held stead at 195-197 lbs.  Since December I have lost 50 lbs.  My goal was to be at 200 when summer ended, so I made that.  Someday I will lose the final 10 lbs and finally be below the "overweight" level of BMI...
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM