News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

saskganesh

just pm me *ALL* your extra food. I'm like a food incinerator right now.
humans were created in their own image

merithyn

Quote from: Valmy on September 23, 2009, 08:07:29 PM
I gained almost 2 pounds  :cry:

Got to keep working this week.

:console:

Keep with it, Valmy. One bad week does not undo all the good the last few months have been.

I was down 0.8 last week, which is remarkable since I didn't keep track of what I ate at all. Ah well. There's always next week. :D
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

merithyn

:w00t:

Down 3.8 pounds this week, to hit my 5% goal weight, and which makes it a total of 10.4 pounds lost in six weeks. I may actually weight less than my husband again! ^_^

Even better, I've lost 3 inches off my waist, two inches off my hips and thighs, and - much to Max's dismay - two inches off my bust. My knees don't ache like they had been, and the high-blood-pressure headaches are pretty much gone. I have more energy and the depression that I had been struggling with hasn't reared its head in some time now.

At this rate (averaging 1.7lbs/week), I'll be 30 pounds lighter by my 40th birthday. At 5'2", that's a huge difference. Yay me!
Yesterday, upon the stair,
I met a man who wasn't there
He wasn't there again today
I wish, I wish he'd go away...

Lucidor

30 km cross-country in 2.47. I really should have done more distance before this one. The last 12 km were quite brutal and the body was aching in places I have never felt before.

saskganesh

cool. by comparison I did 42km in 2:40 on trails and in traffic.  I keep on finding more wind the longer I bike.
humans were created in their own image

PDH

Finally overcoming the compressed disc and pinched nerve.  I rode about 6 miles today, walked another 3.  Weight has been the same for two months, 195 lbs (+/-) and that is good.

Now, where is the buffet table?
I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM

Lucidor

Quote from: saskganesh on September 27, 2009, 04:07:25 PM
cool. by comparison I did 42km in 2:40 on trails and in traffic.  I keep on finding more wind the longer I bike.
Running? That's good. I'll attempt the local marathon in October, if just to prove to myself I'm not completely out of shape.

Brazen

Went out running for the first time in months yesterday. Only did a couple of miles, but it felt pretty good.

I find out this week or next whether I've got a place in the London Marathon ballot... :unsure:

Lucidor

Going from a few miles to a marathon too quick would hurt, I think.

Brazen

Quote from: Lucidor on September 28, 2009, 11:34:13 AM
It's not until next April. There are plenty of beginning programmes that take you from not running at all to a marathon in that time.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Lucidor on September 28, 2009, 11:34:13 AM

Yes it does, ask my knees.  :lol:  B will be ok, she's already fit.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Eddie Teach

Went to the gym today. Stayed around an hour.  :)
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Alatriste

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 30, 2009, 03:12:08 PM
Went to the gym today. Stayed around an hour.  :)

Cardio or just weight lifting?

Brazen

Meh, been rejected by the London Marathon again. that's seven times now.

I'm having my arm twisted to give another triathlon a go, though. But the one my friends are all entering has the same cycle distance for the fun, sprint and pull events - 23km :S

Maladict

Quote from: Brazen on October 01, 2009, 10:40:42 AM
I'm having my arm twisted to give another triathlon a go, though. But the one my friends are all entering has the same cycle distance for the fun, sprint and pull events - 23km :S

What are the distances for swimming and running?