News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fitness 2009

Started by fhdz, March 23, 2009, 11:38:44 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Alatriste

Went to the physiotherapist to treat pain in the right shoulder and forearm. A so-called 'massage' has got my muscles back in good condition (black-and-blue, but in good condition).

Those men are all Nazis in disguise, I swear. Lawrence Olivier in 'Marathon Man' was Mother Theresa in comparison... at least he didn't exact 50 euros from Dustin Hoffman afterwards!     

Vince

www.dailyburn.com

Very good site for keeping track of what you eat. 

Josquius

I keep moaning I should start exercising but never actually get around to it....its too hard.
I instead am just 'belly dancing' as I sit in the hope that it exercises my gut muscles and contributes to them sucking in my tum.

Also I'm making sure I eat a bit of actual fruit every day.
██████
██████
██████

Brazen

Getting fit techy style. Downloaded free CardioTrainer (GPS distance, mapping, calories, elevation and step counter) and Calorie Counter (it even has a bar code scanner using the phone's camera) apps for my phone, Combined with hopping on the exercise bike every other evening I'm burning at least 300 extra calories a day combined with healthier food at work and a minor reduction in boozing everything's going the right way.

Had a nice walk to and along the Thames at lunchtime, inhaling all the lovely North Circular fumes.

I find out at the end of the month if I've got a London Marathon place... :unsure:

Valmy

Shit I have had a shitty week, I am eating way too much.  I can never figure out what regulates my apetite from week to week.

I fear going to weigh in tonight at weight watchers :(
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Brazen

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2009, 11:26:32 AM
Shit I have had a shitty week, I am eating way too much.  I can never figure out what regulates my apetite from week to week.

lol do you have: PMS?

Valmy

Quote from: Brazen on September 22, 2009, 11:28:48 AM

Nah I just have been having weird cravings.  I am probably leaving something out of my diet I don't know about.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Jaron

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2009, 11:26:32 AM

weight watchers is for women.
Winner of THE grumbler point.

Valmy

Quote from: Jaron on September 22, 2009, 12:28:49 PM
weight watchers is for women.

I don't give a shit.  It works and that is all that matters to me.

Capetan Mihali

Seem to have accumulated a bit of belly fat.   <_<   Not much pound-wise, but I fear I'm turning into the "skinny fat" type with a scrawny build and a sizable paunch.

Trying to cut back on the cheesesteaks, pretzels, fried chicken, and Lager, in favor of some cheap lean steaks and pork chops cooked up with healthy green vegetables.  As minimal white carbs as possible.
"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Iormlund

Quote from: Valmy on September 22, 2009, 12:20:47 PM
Quote from: Brazen on September 22, 2009, 11:28:48 AM

Nah I just have been having weird cravings.  I am probably leaving something out of my diet I don't know about.

If you are serious about dieting you should have a professional give you a hand. It's amazing how many people fuck that up.

BuddhaRhubarb

feeling a bit lethargic. weight is good (190lbs or less for the last month or so.) but I've been a bit of a tree sloth of late. need to shake off the cobwebs and get moving.

yet here I am sitting in front of the computer ( as Harvey Keitel screams at his girlfriend on my Tv opposite (Mean Streets is on) )

:face:
:p

HisMajestyBOB

I've been failing horribly at fitness lately. Big lunches and snacking in the evening, plus I haven't done any jogging or real working out since I came to Korea. I play soccer every friday, and try to walk to and from school (1 mile), but I've also been slacking off on the pushups and situps.

I should check my weight sometime. I had been around 180-190 when I came here; I may have dropped a bit during the summer but I think I'm back around 190. Worse, I could be near 200. :weep:
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

saskganesh

20 k for fun. did 50 ish on the weekend, went to scarborugh bluffs.
humans were created in their own image

Valmy

I gained almost 2 pounds  :cry:

Got to keep working this week.