And we're back!

Main Menu

The Third Languish Sunday EU3 MP Game Thread

Started by Tamas, April 23, 2010, 08:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Solmyr

Quote from: katmai on April 26, 2010, 04:32:48 AM
Wait, wait, wait.

I am running Sweden at 19%inflation with Poland occupying northern Sweden and a Norway that is stronger than me and you are trying to get out of Castile?!?!

Losing to France is more justifiable than losing to Poland. Even Muscovy beat Poland. :P

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

DGuller

Quote from: Berkut on April 26, 2010, 09:16:37 AM
Quote from: DGuller on April 26, 2010, 08:27:49 AM
some of us desperately need more lube.

Who set DG off on this topic again?
I just keep setting it up, don't I?  :pinch:

ulmont

Berkut

"If you think this has a happy ending, then you haven't been paying attention."

select * from users where clue > 0
0 rows returned

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

Quote from: Solmyr on April 26, 2010, 02:33:07 AM
:shifty:

I've looked at the situation - would folks terribly mind if I switched to Portugal? It's about as strong as Castile at this point, but at least I'd be able to do something instead of sitting on my ass minting at full for the next few decades. And Portugal can also form Spain. :P

:rolleyes:  Why would you need to mint at full for the next few decades?  You got yourself into whatever mess you did--live with it.  Castile is by no means unplayable at this point.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2010, 10:25:14 AM
:rolleyes:  Why would you need to mint at full for the next few decades?  You got yourself into whatever mess you did--live with it.  Castile is by no means unplayable at this point.

No stability and no legitimacy means no income, means I have to mint to pay off my huge loans (which in turn means I cannot put anything into stability increase and will remain behind in tech for the foreseeable future).
I can keep playing Castile of course, just unlikely that it'll get anywhere at this point, especially with random rebels spawning 15 stacks including artillery which I have no way of defeating.

Habbaku

I think you'll spend a session recovering, certainly, but wise (read : peaceful) administration should be able to drag you out of the loop.  Once your king dies, your legitimacy will recover as well.  You might also consider hiring some legitimacy-boosting advisors and getting as many RMs as you can to fix the problem.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2010, 10:33:03 AM
I think you'll spend a session recovering, certainly, but wise (read : peaceful) administration should be able to drag you out of the loop.  Once your king dies, your legitimacy will recover as well.  You might also consider hiring some legitimacy-boosting advisors and getting as many RMs as you can to fix the problem.

I'm in regency, and the heir has a weak claim, so I'm looking at at least another reign of low legitimacy. And I just found out I apparently have some kind of civil war event chain too, which basically prevents me from getting stability up. And of course no money to colonize means England gets a free hand in the New World.

Habbaku

After having played a few years of your Castile out, I think it's not nearly as difficult as you may think.  However, you need to take drastic measures to cute down your payments.  Specifically dismantling some of the regiments (cavalry, I recommend) and cutting the maintenance of your fleet down to 0.  In addition, if you can swing a long-term loan from, say, France, Venice, England or Austria so you can pay off your loans as they come due, you can afford to invest in Stability again which will bring you back to a semblance of sanity.  I suggest passing out the beggar's plate...

Edit : As for your legitimacy, you'll recover that swiftly enough if you can keep several RMs and get positive Stability again.  Getting RMs with as many people as possible should leave you sitting around ~9-10% gain a year, which will enable you to recover after five or six years at the most.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Alcibiades

Let this be a warning for when I say there will be repercussions if you intervene and threaten me.   :cool:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on April 26, 2010, 11:55:10 AM
After having played a few years of your Castile out, I think it's not nearly as difficult as you may think.  However, you need to take drastic measures to cute down your payments.  Specifically dismantling some of the regiments (cavalry, I recommend) and cutting the maintenance of your fleet down to 0.  In addition, if you can swing a long-term loan from, say, France, Venice, England or Austria so you can pay off your loans as they come due, you can afford to invest in Stability again which will bring you back to a semblance of sanity.  I suggest passing out the beggar's plate...

Edit : As for your legitimacy, you'll recover that swiftly enough if you can keep several RMs and get positive Stability again.  Getting RMs with as many people as possible should leave you sitting around ~9-10% gain a year, which will enable you to recover after five or six years at the most.
I can't give a loan, Venetian bankers didn't become rich by lending money to the likes of Solmyr.  However, I can continue providing rebel whacking help.