News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Third Languish Sunday EU3 MP Game Thread

Started by Tamas, April 23, 2010, 08:30:31 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

Quote from: Tamas on April 25, 2010, 04:18:28 PM
Your position on the economic chart is also noted. :P I welcome you to spread civilization to the Poles, heck I will even help you, but your days of intra-HRE blobbing must come to an end.

My economic position is not so much high as the rest of you are low.  That said, I would be happy to join a crusade against the Poles and gank their Baltic provinces while you grab, well, whatever it is you like.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Poor Tamas, he likes to play games but always appears to be bad at them.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

DGuller

In hindsight, I probably should've given up on Savoy earlier, that would've avoided that whole comedy.  I guess I just got overconfident on being able to hold off the French after destroying their two big stacks.  My allies certainly paid for my misjudgment.

Tamas

Quote from: garbon on April 25, 2010, 04:32:43 PM
Poor Tamas, he likes to play games but always appears to be bad at them.

See, Sol? Someone actually believes this shit.

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on April 25, 2010, 04:35:54 PM
In hindsight, I probably should've given up on Savoy earlier, that would've avoided that whole comedy.  I guess I just got overconfident on being able to hold off the French after destroying their two big stacks.  My allies certainly paid for my misjudgment.

The best kind of war to lose is where others pay for your mistakes.  :D
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Solmyr

Considering that there's basically nobody who can stand up to France now, by some measures given on this forum it's already effectively "won" the game. :P

Habbaku

:lol:  One session and the hyperbole is already reaching new lows.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Kleves

My aim, then, was to whip the rebels, to humble their pride, to follow them to their inmost recesses, and make them fear and dread us. Fear is the beginning of wisdom.

DGuller

Quote from: Habbaku on April 25, 2010, 05:20:13 PM
:lol:  One session and the hyperbole is already reaching new lows.
So, who's going to stop him, you?

Alcibiades

Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

DGuller

Quote from: Alcibiades on April 25, 2010, 06:05:26 PM

lol can i be ottoman empire next game?
The way you're going, the Ottoman Empire might be part of you this game.

Alcibiades

Oh please, by setting up that buffer I've alienated every one of my neighbors, unfortunately.  Had I been powergaming I would have completely reduced Spain instead of getting the one province that completes Southern France.  In addition, I would have ripped most of the Netherlands off of Austria when the Ottomans invaded instead of settling for his two isolated provinces that he couldn't even get to.  That would have pushed me way above everyone else. 

Where I am now is not very far above the rest.  Austria is barely below my income and probably has just as much manpower.  Let alone the coalitions you guys will set up to bring down this perceived monster you are putting into peoples heads.  :weep:

P.S. Be aware of the Russian bear, you see that country already?   :shutup:
Wait...  What would you know about masculinity, you fucking faggot?  - Overly Autistic Neil

OTOH, if you think that a Jew actually IS poisoning the wells you should call the cops. IMHO.   - The Brain

Solmyr

DGuller

I still don't get the "buffer" logic.  I can understand you wanting to get your paws on Savoy, after all even the real French got a part of it eventually.  But why do you need a buffer so badly?  Are you afraid of a massed invasion?  Is my massed invasion going to stall somehow because I would have to traverse one extra layer of provinces on my way?

Alcibiades

Quote from: Solmyr on April 25, 2010, 06:24:45 PM
Seriously, you're afraid of Austria? :rolleyes:

Re: Coalitions
Quote from: DGuller on April 25, 2010, 06:25:28 PM
I still don't get the "buffer" logic.  I can understand you wanting to get your paws on Savoy, after all even the real French got a part of it eventually.  But why do you need a buffer so badly?  Are you afraid of a massed invasion?  Is my massed invasion going to stall somehow because I would have to traverse one extra layer of provinces on my way?

Lebensraum dammit.  And vacation spots.