News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2009, 11:17:22 AM
The NMA guys will call them sell outs because they agreed to work with FO3.

The NMA guys can die in a fire.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Grey Fox

The NMA is 12 guys in their basement who don't buy anything anyway.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Syt

Quote from: Grey Fox on April 20, 2009, 11:46:28 AM

Disciples of Raz?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Razgovory

Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2009, 11:51:36 AM

Disciples of Raz?

My power grows in all the deep places of the Earth. :menace:
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

vinraith

Quote from: Caliga on April 20, 2009, 11:14:05 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 20, 2009, 10:52:00 AM
Obsidian did KotOR 2 and NWN2. Here's hoping their trend of having more interesting characters than the original game continues. Let's hope it won't be botched like KotOR2.

Isn't Obsidian mostly made up of the guys who did the original Fallout/Fallout 2?  If so, this game oughta kick ass.

edit: oops, Eochaid's article says that  :blush:

You'd think so, but Obsidian seems to have inherited a form of Troika's curse. They've yet to release a game that lived up to its promise, and they tend to be plagued by technical issues.

Don't get me wrong, I'm hoping for an exception here, but I'm not going to get my hopes up just yet.

derspiess

Anywho, playing through as an evil character (which is kinda hard with all the storyline quests that give you good karma), I finally got around to doing the Tenpenny Tower quest.  Decided to do it the 'evil' way & knock off Roy-- I reverse pickpocketed a grenade which killed him and his girl in their sleep :)

"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Vince

But watching them bitch and moan for their precious fallout hex game sequel that will never come is amusing. 

Caliga

Why don't they just learn to program and make a sequel themselves?  Nobody is actually going to pay for an old-school isometric turn based game anymore.  Hey, they can even hire Crunch to be their project director!  My guess is that he'll be available.  :cool:

garbon

That joke was stale years ago. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on April 21, 2009, 10:36:37 AM
That joke was stale years ago. :(

As the butt-end of alot of very stale Languish jokes, I feel that I get a pass.  :)

Caliga

Just got the Firelance :smoke:

vinraith

Quote from: derspiess on April 21, 2009, 10:16:15 AM
Anywho, playing through as an evil character (which is kinda hard with all the storyline quests that give you good karma), I finally got around to doing the Tenpenny Tower quest.  Decided to do it the 'evil' way & knock off Roy-- I reverse pickpocketed a grenade which killed him and his girl in their sleep :)

I did that quest that way with my good character, the morality on that one's completely reversed IMO.

Queequeg

Action oriented?   :cry:
Quote from: PDH on April 25, 2009, 05:58:55 PM
"Dysthymia?  Did they get some student from the University of Chicago with a hard-on for ancient Bactrian cities to name this?  I feel cheated."

grumbler

The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

derspiess

Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 08:28:03 PM
I did that quest that way with my good character, the morality on that one's completely reversed IMO.

Yeah, apparently it's 'good' to let the ghouls into the tower so they can kill all the normal people :huh:

I like what Three Dog has to say about it after you kill the ghouls :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall