News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

Apparently the second add on is out, The Pitt, taking you - duh - to Pittsburgh. There seems to have been a blunder with the release, so I have no idea how it is. Anyone tried it?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Scipio

I want that bladey thingy!
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Faeelin

Heh. Like the rest of FO3, it shits on the older series.

"The Pitt are the only people who actually build things; the rest of the world scavenges off of prewar stuff."

Given how people seem to know about the NCR, huh?

Syt

Quote from: Faeelin on March 29, 2009, 09:16:36 AM

I don't care if the Bethesda crew gangrape the original developers of Fallout 1 in a secret basement under their offices with nail spiked corncobs every time the Yankees win a match, they created a game that's great fun and that's pretty much all I asked of them.

Fucking fanbois should be put in small holes and thrown at with copies of FO3 till death occurs.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Ed Anger

Quote from: Syt on March 29, 2009, 10:12:24 AM

I don't care if the Bethesda crew gangrape the original developers of Fallout 1 in a secret basement under their offices with nail spiked corncobs every time the Yankees win a match, they created a game that's great fun and that's pretty much all I asked of them.

Fucking fanbois should be put in small holes and thrown at with copies of FO3 till death occurs.

:lol:

/Reported to NMA.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

grumbler

"The Pitt are the only people who actually build things; the rest of the world scavenges off of prewar stuff."

Given how people seem to know about the NCR, huh?
Not everyone knoews about NCR; in fact, I don't recall a single mention of it in the game.

Lots of tpeople in the original games said things that turned out to be untrue, so this is nothing (except to the emo fans of the first two games who cannot grasp the fact that the series has moved on).

As for this add-on, once again I am passing until they release a CD version of all the DLC together.  I refuse to use GfWL and go through the hassle of "Microsoft Points."  If that means I never get the DLC, then that also means BethSoft will never get my money.  It's up to them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Syt

Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2009, 01:41:10 PM
I refuse to use GfWL and go through the hassle of "Microsoft Points."  If that means I never get the DLC, then that also means BethSoft will never get my money.  It's up to them.

Ack, had forgotten about that crap. Indeed, better to wait for the inevitable DVD with their online content. They said that the content for Oblivion would only ever be online, and they broke down and put it on a disk.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2009, 01:41:10 PMAs for this add-on, once again I am passing until they release a CD version of all the DLC together.  I refuse to use GfWL and go through the hassle of "Microsoft Points."  If that means I never get the DLC, then that also means BethSoft will never get my money.  It's up to them.

:yes:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Vince

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2009, 10:14:56 AM
/Reported to NMA.

I can't even spend 10 minutes reading the posts in the NMA forum without getting annoyed at those fanbois. 

Valmy

Quote from: Vince on March 30, 2009, 09:41:02 AM
Quote from: Ed Anger on March 29, 2009, 10:14:56 AM
/Reported to NMA.

I can't even spend 10 minutes reading the posts in the NMA forum without getting annoyed at those fanbois. 

I just do not get them.  I mean I enjoyed FO1 and 2 but were they really so good as to justify more than a decade of blind fanaticism?  Some religious movements do not generate as much irrational passion as those two games do.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Mr.Penguin

Real men drag their Guns into position

Spell check is for losers

grumbler

Mr. P, was that crappy strip supposed to be an indictment of the FO3 players, or the NMAtards?
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

I started a new game over the weekend and have been playing this again (unmodded).   I forgot how much fun it was.  Last night I stumbled into Vault 106 for the first time  :cthulu:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

derspiess

Okay I got the PC version.  So far it seems exactly the same as the 360 version.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall