News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Fucking windows live.  I've never gotten that to work.  Ever. 
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Cerr

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2010, 01:45:07 AM
Well, bought through GG and installed that bitch, plus all the patches one by one until 1.7.

However, I don't seem to be able to start it, nor register it. The only thing installed in my programs' list is Windows Live for Games. I start it, but it doesn't detect my game. WTF am I supposed to do here?

Again, installing and starting a game becomes a fucking project. :rolleyes:
If you're on Vista or win 7, go to Programs -> Games -> games explorer.

Cerr

Quote from: Razgovory on May 02, 2010, 03:30:52 AM
Fucking windows live.  I've never gotten that to work.  Ever.
You can disable it for Fallout 3. You get a little performance boost if you do.

Caliga

Windows Live = joke
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on May 02, 2010, 05:20:03 AM
Windows Live = joke
I honestly thought it had already been shitcanned.  :hmm:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Drakken

When uninstalling, I saw that the version was still 1.0000. So the patches didn't install correctly.

Would 1.7 be enough to install?, or I have to install all patches one by one?

I have to redownload everything. My internet bill's gonna go through the roof.  :yuk:

Solmyr

You have usage-based internet bills? Do you live in: Angola?

Drakken

I try to install the 1.01.35 patch, and mid-patching it launches the game... and then patching stalls and doesn't respond anymore.

WTF is that shit?  :wacko:

EDIT: Nevermind, registered the game through the main screen via Live. It downloaded the patches up to 1.703.

grumbler

Quote from: Drakken on May 02, 2010, 11:05:38 AM
When uninstalling, I saw that the version was still 1.0000. So the patches didn't install correctly.

Would 1.7 be enough to install?, or I have to install all patches one by one?

I have to redownload everything. My internet bill's gonna go through the roof.  :yuk:
I believe that patches are not cumulative.  They essentially add compatibility for each addon.

If you have downloaded everything, I think you should move FO3 off of GFWL (if possible), and install it regularly. 

Make sure, BTW, that you turn off AV programs when installing patches using GFWL.  Also make sure you have the latest .NET Framework.

Edit:  NM, then.  :cool:
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!