News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2010, 06:30:27 AM
Yes, this aspect of Fallout 3 bothered me too, but not enough to really impact enjoyment of the game.
If anyone let stuff like that bother their enjoyment of the game, and yet swallowed nuclear cars and super mutants, there is definitely something wrong with them.
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2010, 06:37:25 AM
:D
BTW, anyone else dying with curiosity to see what the original designers of Fallout do with the FO3 system in Fallout: New Vegas?

I must admit that what i am most looking forward to is the squealing from the NMAtards when even New Vegas, written by the people the NMAtards have insisted for years would never write anything that was less than brilliant and populated by less than several thousand NPCs, looks and feels a lot like Fallout 3:P
The future is all around us, waiting, in moments of transition, to be born in moments of revelation. No one knows the shape of that future or where it will take us. We know only that it is always born in pain.   -G'Kar

Bayraktar!

Caliga

Would the NMA forum produce that kind of vitriol these days?  After all, Fallout 3 turned out to be pretty damn good, as opposed to the horrible worthless pile of garbage they predicted it would be, due to the lack of 20 year old isometric graphics?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

grumbler

Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2010, 06:55:39 AM
Would the NMA forum produce that kind of vitriol these days?  After all, Fallout 3 turned out to be pretty damn good, as opposed to the horrible worthless pile of garbage they predicted it would be, due to the lack of 20 year old isometric graphics?
Oh, yeah, sure.  The NMAtards are still bitching about Fallout 3 and moaning about how much it sucks compared to 'real" Fallout games.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

Quote from: grumbler on April 30, 2010, 06:44:05 AM
Quote from: Caliga on April 30, 2010, 06:37:25 AM
:D
BTW, anyone else dying with curiosity to see what the original designers of Fallout do with the FO3 system in Fallout: New Vegas?

I must admit that what i am most looking forward to is the squealing from the NMAtards when even New Vegas, written by the people the NMAtards have insisted for years would never write anything that was less than brilliant and populated by less than several thousand NPCs, looks and feels a lot like Fallout 3:P

There are some screenshots around.  Looks pretty good.  Though the engine is starting to show some age.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Jaron

You couldn't really dialogue with most of the npcs in the original Fallout. Most just had floating text.

The one thing that bothers me is I feel like Fallout 3 lost the feeling of Fallout 1 where you feel like your character is vulnerable setting out and the wasteland should feel more dangerous. Its quite possible to walk from Vault 101 to Megaton and wipe out the entire town with just your pistol.

You just don't take the level of damage in Fallout 3 that you do in Fallout 1. I suppose part of that is because Bethesda wanted there to be bigger battles where you have 20 guys shooting at you at once and not constantly having to heal.

Winner of THE grumbler point.

Jaron

In fact, it bothers me that enemies with a knife or a pipe or a pistol can hurt me when I'm in power armor at all, considering that according to the game power armor was supposed to enable a man to be a one man army in a real war zone.

For SHAME.

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 30, 2010, 07:32:07 PM
You couldn't really dialogue with most of the npcs in the original Fallout. Most just had floating text.

The one thing that bothers me is I feel like Fallout 3 lost the feeling of Fallout 1 where you feel like your character is vulnerable setting out and the wasteland should feel more dangerous. Its quite possible to walk from Vault 101 to Megaton and wipe out the entire town with just your pistol.

You just don't take the level of damage in Fallout 3 that you do in Fallout 1. I suppose part of that is because Bethesda wanted there to be bigger battles where you have 20 guys shooting at you at once and not constantly having to heal.
No question that the generic FO3 was too kind and easy.  That was due to consolization, though.  Mods ended that pretty soon for the PC.

The number of PCs that had meaningful dialogue in FO3 was about half that in FO1, and that was okay with me, given the depth of dialogue involved and the limits of 3D presentations

Bayraktar!

grumbler

Quote from: Jaron on April 30, 2010, 07:33:15 PM
In fact, it bothers me that enemies with a knife or a pipe or a pistol can hurt me when I'm in power armor at all, considering that according to the game power armor was supposed to enable a man to be a one man army in a real war zone.

For SHAME.
Get the FWE mod, and your dreams of Power Armor Dominance will come true.

Bayraktar!

Razgovory

New Vegas looks like it's going to make things a bit harder for the game.  Stimpack don't heal crippled limbs, Stims only heal over time not instantly.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Drakken

50% off on GG.

HOTT or NOTT?

Jaron

Jaron

Also someone correct me if I'm wrong but wasn't the NCR's economy based on Brahmin herding ? I don't recall them having much of a production capacity. If the storyline created for them is to be believed, they nearly got their asses whipped by the BOS. If a small military order was able to whip the NCR that tells me that they don't werent able to produce the weapons, armor or ammunition needed to keep on par with the Brotherhood. The only thing that kept NCR on its feet was its manpower.

Therefore the Pitt > NCR

Drakken

Well, bought through GG and installed that bitch, plus all the patches one by one until 1.7.

However, I don't seem to be able to start it, nor register it. The only thing installed in my programs' list is Windows Live for Games. I start it, but it doesn't detect my game. WTF am I supposed to do here?

Again, installing and starting a game becomes a fucking project. :rolleyes: