News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

derspiess

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2009, 09:06:03 AM
Okay I got the PC version.  So far it seems exactly the same as the 360 version.
Quote from: Caliga on March 30, 2009, 05:07:46 AM
Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2009, 01:41:10 PMAs for this add-on, once again I am passing until they release a CD version of all the DLC together.  I refuse to use GfWL and go through the hassle of "Microsoft Points."  If that means I never get the DLC, then that also means BethSoft will never get my money.  It's up to them.

:yes:

I pretty much live in MS's Live ecosystem now & think nothing of buying points, or at least *using* them (I'm still working through some points cards I bought @ 20-30% off during Circuit City's going out of business sale).  Between Zune, X360, & now GfWL, they own my soul :D
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: derspiess on March 31, 2009, 09:10:25 AM

I pretty much live in MS's Live ecosystem now & think nothing of buying points, or at least *using* them (I'm still working through some points cards I bought @ 20-30% off during Circuit City's going out of business sale).  Between Zune, X360, & now GfWL, they own my soul :D

Even I don't use that crap, and they pay for my health care.  :P
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

derspiess

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on March 31, 2009, 11:48:09 AM
Even I don't use that crap, and they pay for my health care.  :P

Then you're welcome :)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

vinraith

Quote from: grumbler on March 29, 2009, 01:41:10 PM
As for this add-on, once again I am passing until they release a CD version of all the DLC together.  I refuse to use GfWL and go through the hassle of "Microsoft Points."  If that means I never get the DLC, then that also means BethSoft will never get my money.  It's up to them.

I wouldn't worry about it. GfWL is almost universally reviled at this point, the horror stories surrounding the distribution of the first expansion pack haven't died down yet and no one but the most dedicated of Microsoft fanboys is even bothering to defend the service anymore. I'm not sure how much longer it's going to exist, but I can guarantee you Bethsoft isn't going to pass up the pool of sales to be had by releasing these expansions in a hassle-free format.

Caliga

I discovered a hilarious and profitable way to complete "The Power of the Atom". :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: Caliga on April 03, 2009, 07:41:07 AM
I discovered a hilarious and profitable way to complete "The Power of the Atom". :menace:

what?

Caliga

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on April 03, 2009, 08:01:19 AM

what?

SPOILER:

Talk to Simms.  Agree to disarm the bomb.  Talk to Mr. Burke.  Agree to blow Megaton up and take fusion pulse thingy.  Go to Lucas Simms and tell him about Burke's offer.  Follow Simms to the saloon, watch them argue, and then wait for Burke to shoot Simms in the back.  Whip out hunting rifle and explode Burke's head with multiple shots.  Loot both corpses.  Disarm bomb.  Tell Harden Simms about it.  Loot Simms's house.  Get new house.  PROFIT!

Scipio

Quote from: Caliga on April 03, 2009, 08:08:29 AM
Quote from: I Killed Kenny on April 03, 2009, 08:01:19 AM

what?

SPOILER:

Talk to Simms.  Agree to disarm the bomb.  Talk to Mr. Burke.  Agree to blow Megaton up and take fusion pulse thingy.  Go to Lucas Simms and tell him about Burke's offer.  Follow Simms to the saloon, watch them argue, and then wait for Burke to shoot Simms in the back.  Whip out hunting rifle and explode Burke's head with multiple shots.  Loot both corpses.  Disarm bomb.  Tell Harden Simms about it.  Loot Simms's house.  Get new house.  PROFIT!

That's what I did.
What I speak out of my mouth is the truth.  It burns like fire.
-Jose Canseco

There you go, giving a fuck when it ain't your turn to give a fuck.
-Every cop, The Wire

"It is always good to be known for one's Krapp."
-John Hurt

Caliga

Keep in mind that, while I got Fallout 3 when it came out (in fact we preordered it), I barely played it at first cause it kept crashing.  I've only revisited it in the past few weeks since I had gotten a little bored of WoW and noticed it'd been patched some--though in the grand Bethsoft tradition, it seems the latest patch has broken a bunch of VATS-related shit that wasn't broken before. :lol:

So far, my explorations have been basically limited to Springvale, Megaton, the Super-Duper Mart, Vault 106, Arefu, North Seneca, and the Meresti Station/Trainyard.

derspiess

Quote from: Scipio on April 03, 2009, 08:19:59 AM
That's what I did.

Me, too but I guess I let Burke get away. 

Speaking of Megaton, the first time I played, I hadn't quite figured out the karma system & that stealing certain things would actually piss people off.  So I couldn't figure out why Moriarty suddenly got all pissy with me out of the blue & started shooting.  A couple lucky headshots took him down quickly.

Caliga

:blink:

When I steal shit it tells me "You have lost Karma" ands plays an evil-sounding tone.

garbon

Considering his support for gay bans, he has a slower reaction time to obvious signs of evil.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 03, 2009, 09:52:28 AM
When I steal shit it tells me "You have lost Karma" ands plays an evil-sounding tone.

Right, but my reaction was "yeah, so what?" and I kept stealing stuff that had red text.

derspiess

Quote from: garbon on April 03, 2009, 10:00:32 AM
Considering his support for gay bans, he has a slower reaction time to obvious signs of evil.

Stop looking at my ass.

Caliga

Quote from: derspiess on April 03, 2009, 10:19:25 AMRight, but my reaction was "yeah, so what?" and I kept stealing stuff that had red text.

Well, to be fair that's exactly how I react too.  If I want something, it's mine.  Kinda like in real life. :cool: