News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

chipwich

I haven't played ever since they broke the VATS perks.

Caliga

Quote from: chipwich on April 03, 2009, 11:37:33 AM
I haven't played ever since they broke the VATS perks.

I've specifically avoiding taking any of those for that very reason. :frusty:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Vince

Quote from: Scipio on April 03, 2009, 08:19:59 AM
That's what I did.

Ironically Burke sent Talon Company and Bounty Hunters to take me out after I killed him...

Caliga

Quote from: Vince on April 03, 2009, 11:55:14 AMIronically Burke sent Talon Company and Bounty Hunters to take me out after I killed him...

Uh oh.

derspiess

One thing that bugs me about the game is how they try to make you sympathetic towards the ghouls.  IMO ghouls are no longer humans & should be culled. 

They certainly have no business being in Tenpenny Tower  ;)
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Can't you pretty much just kill anyone you want, aside from characters key to the main plot?  I know you can shoot Gob as I did it once for fun. :blush:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 03, 2009, 01:08:39 PM
Can't you pretty much just kill anyone you want, aside from characters key to the main plot?  I know you can shoot Gob as I did it once for fun. :blush:

Yeah, but I'm just saying the game tries to make you treat ghouls like people.
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

Well, I haven't played through yet, but the game gives the impression, based on what I *have* seen to this point, that ghouls are viewed with disdain by "regular" humans.  Can't you just roleplay that you spit on them and push them around a little if it concerns you that much? :contract:

derspiess

Quote from: Caliga on April 03, 2009, 01:26:39 PM
Well, I haven't played through yet, but the game gives the impression, based on what I *have* seen to this point, that ghouls are viewed with disdain by "regular" humans.  Can't you just roleplay that you spit on them and push them around a little if it concerns you that much? :contract:

Sure I can do what I want.  It's just a bit of an annoyance what the game is trying to get me to do.

Btw, what's the deal with the armory in Megaton?  I picked the lock one time for shits & giggles, and the stupid robot thing inside started shooting me so I ran off.  Then the whole town decided to attack me. 

Syt

It ought to be pretty easy to make a The Road mod for this. Remove all muties, beasts and about 95% of NPCs. Make raiders very deadly. Make eating/staying warm a vital requirement, and make food/drink/other items very rare. Turn most textures to grey. Decrease day lengths, increase effects of night.

Done.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Caliga

I too would prefer a game without all the ghey mutants, mutated animals, etc.  It detracts from the immersion IMO.

P.S. Dogmeat :wub:

I Killed Kenny

Quote from: Syt on April 13, 2009, 06:48:26 AM
It ought to be pretty easy to make a The Road mod for this. Remove all muties, beasts and about 95% of NPCs. Make raiders very deadly. Make eating/staying warm a vital requirement, and make food/drink/other items very rare. Turn most textures to grey. Decrease day lengths, increase effects of night.

Done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

Caliga

er, yeah, we know IKK.  :huh:

Syt

Quote from: I Killed Kenny on April 13, 2009, 10:12:10 AM
Quote from: Syt on April 13, 2009, 06:48:26 AM

Done.

http://www.imdb.com/title/tt0898367/

I fail to see how that movie is a mod for FO3. :unsure:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.