And we're back!

Main Menu

Fallout 3

Started by Syt, March 29, 2009, 07:42:41 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 09:00:18 AM
Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 08:28:03 PM
I did that quest that way with my good character, the morality on that one's completely reversed IMO.

Yeah, apparently it's 'good' to let the ghouls into the tower so they can kill all the normal people :huh:

I like what Three Dog has to say about it after you kill the ghouls :)

Yeah, they all vote Republican in that tower.  Just like the cannibals.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

derspiess

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2009, 10:08:54 AM

I was not amused when I dealt with the cannibals in Andale  <_<
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Caliga

My Karma is like close to perfect, but I'm debating turning my character into a cannibal as soon as I can pick up the perk.  :menace:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

vinraith

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 09:00:18 AM
Quote from: vinraith on April 21, 2009, 08:28:03 PM
I did that quest that way with my good character, the morality on that one's completely reversed IMO.

Yeah, apparently it's 'good' to let the ghouls into the tower so they can kill all the normal people :huh:

I like what Three Dog has to say about it after you kill the ghouls :)

"Normal people" really has nothing to do with it, to my thinking.

It's supposed to be that they're bigots and the ghouls are good, but in reality both sides are bigots that want to wipe out the other.  In a very real sense the situation would be morally neutral if it came down to that. However, there are some good people in the tower that would die along with the assholes (the guy from the radio shows, for example, and one of the girls), and you're given the choice between killing 3 ghouls (all murderous bigots) or letting the ghouls wipe out twenty or thirty people (a few of whom are murderous bigots). Given that choice, the right thing to do is pretty obvious. The only mentality that actually helps the ghouls kill everyone is that of a psychopath that just likes to watch people die. 

vinraith

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 11:10:52 AM

What aren't I remembering about that? I recall seriously considering wiping the lot of them out before finding a (questionable, to my mind) peaceful solution.

Caliga

Are you guys talking about "The Family"?

vinraith

Caliga

garbon

Indeed. Two different sets of people.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

I certainly don't think wiping out 'The Family' is a morally 'good' option, unless you assume their leader (forget his name) is lying to you about everything.

vinraith

Quote from: garbon on April 23, 2009, 01:23:25 PM
Indeed. Two different sets of people.

Ah, if there are two groups of cannibals I haven't seen the other one. Time to duck out of the thread to avoid spoilerage. :)

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2009, 01:25:10 PM
I certainly don't think wiping out 'The Family' is a morally 'good' option, unless you assume their leader (forget his name) is lying to you about everything.

They still prey on people.  You just convince them not to prey on one community.  If those hoity-toity jerks think they are above humans then why treat them like humans.  I killed them all.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Razgovory

Quote from: derspiess on April 23, 2009, 11:10:52 AM

:lol:

Caliga

Quote from: Razgovory on April 23, 2009, 01:42:23 PMThey still prey on people.  You just convince them not to prey on one community.  If those hoity-toity jerks think they are above humans then why treat them like humans.  I killed them all.

So what?  I assume they pray mostly on raiders since nearly all the people I encounter in the wastes are raiders, and raiders seem to universally be murderous lunatics to me. ^_^

Faeelin

Quote from: Caliga on April 23, 2009, 02:02:58 PM
So what?  I assume they pray mostly on raiders since nearly all the people I encounter in the wastes are raiders, and raiders seem to universally be murderous lunatics to me. ^_^

But the idea that the raiders are raiders in the sense that you and I know seems clearly erroneous. Who are they preying on in such numbers? Clearly not the pitiful hamlets of twenty, thirty people.