And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

CountDeMoney

Josquius

:lol:
That was weird, was calling my mam and just as I put in the last number and pressed the call button it seems someone rang me so in pressing the call button I was answering. It was some company or other asking for my mam too so had a brief bit of 'oh shit. Has she lost her phone or something? They're wanting her but on her phone?' paranoia there.
██████
██████
██████

Tamas

What the flying fuck is DMV, and why on Earth are you Americans so fuckin' fond of 3-letter abbrevations? My company is choke full of it, so it's contagious.

DGuller

Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2011, 07:46:22 AM
What the flying fuck is DMV, and why on Earth are you Americans so fuckin' fond of 3-letter abbrevations? My company is choke full of it, so it's contagious.
Department of Motor Vehicles.  They're a product of Republican conspiracy to discredit government services.

lustindarkness

I'm home. I still don't have time for you fucks.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

DGuller

Speaking of driving, last weekend I found myself in a tough spot.  I was spending the weekend in New York, and driving around here and there.  Suddenly, while still deep in Brooklyn, low fuel light came on.  Crap.  It was 15 miles to New Jersey, in possibly very heavy traffic, so I was far from guaranteed to make it to safety.  I was forced to do the unthinkable:  pump my own gas.

I drove into a gas station, and I fiddle around with the equipment aimlessly.  Eventually I figured out the correct order of events to start pumping, and could stick the nozzle in at the right time, but I still couldn't pump.  Eventually I find the right combination of handle and trigger pulls, and managed to squeeze about a gallon of fuel in before it stopped flowing.  Figuring I had enough to get to New Jersey, I quit while I was ahead, and drove off.

It reminds me of the first time with a girl.  In fact, the concept is pretty much the same, if you think about it.

Josephus

Quote from: Tamas on July 01, 2011, 07:46:22 AM

Americans have trouble with things longer than 3 letters.
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Ed Anger

Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 07:55:38 AM
Speaking of driving, last weekend I found myself in a tough spot.  I was spending the weekend in New York, and driving around here and there.  Suddenly, while still deep in Brooklyn, low fuel light came on.  Crap.  It was 15 miles to New Jersey, in possibly very heavy traffic, so I was far from guaranteed to make it to safety.  I was forced to do the unthinkable:  pump my own gas.

I drove into a gas station, and I fiddle around with the equipment aimlessly.  Eventually I figured out the correct order of events to start pumping, and could stick the nozzle in at the right time, but I still couldn't pump.  Eventually I find the right combination of handle and trigger pulls, and managed to squeeze about a gallon of fuel in before it stopped flowing.  Figuring I had enough to get to New Jersey, I quit while I was ahead, and drove off.

It reminds me of the first time with a girl.  In fact, the concept is pretty much the same, if you think about it.

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Neil

Can't pump your own gas?  What's wrong with you?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

DGuller

Habbaku

Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 08:32:52 AM
I live in New Jersey.

:contract:

Is it Washington or Oregon that has the same deal?  Something makes me think Hawaii might also.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

The Brain

Quote from: Youtube commentI am not a "wannabe Swede", I AM a Swede, I just happen to live in Canada.

:bleeding:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

MadImmortalMan

"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

mongers

Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 07:55:38 AM

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"