And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ed Anger

I would have no problems firing her lazy ass.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Greek austerity program passed its drop-dead vote today.  I'm a little bummed.

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Habbaku on June 29, 2011, 06:20:47 PM
Why?

I wanted those super retard protesters to eat the brambles and thistles of their logical inconsistency.

Syt

I just noticed that there's a café in my district's shopping street that belongs to a certain Amon Göth:ph34r:
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Slargos

Quote from: Syt on June 30, 2011, 12:48:40 AM
I just noticed that there's a café in my district's shopping street that belongs to a certain Amon Göth:ph34r:

:lol:

Bookmarked.

DGuller

Fucking NJ DMV.  They are literally processing one person every 2 minutes, combined.  Say whay you will about Corzine, but when he was a governor, NJ DMV was very efficiently run, in my experience.

DGuller

Seriously, this level of utter incompetence is beyond anything you would expect from a DMV.  There are about 200 people here, and 2 people manning the booths.  This is almost like a deliberate sabotage of government function.

Caliga

Quote from: DGuller on June 30, 2011, 11:37:55 AM
Seriously, this level of utter incompetence is beyond anything you would expect from a DMV.
:lol: You were expecting something other than incompetence from a DMV?  Hilarious.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

DGuller

Did I say that I didn't?  However, there is incompetence, and then there is a total and complete dysfunction. 

That said, until today, NJ DMV was consistently surprising me with both the level of service, and courtesy.  Maybe someone caught wind of it, and fixed the problem, only they went too far.

Razgovory

Quote from: Caliga on June 30, 2011, 11:40:40 AM
Quote from: DGuller on June 30, 2011, 11:37:55 AM
Seriously, this level of utter incompetence is beyond anything you would expect from a DMV.
:lol: You were expecting something other than incompetence from a DMV?  Hilarious.

I've never had any trouble with the DMV.  I stand in a short line, they check my eyes, I fill out something and I get a new license.  Unfortunately I need to provide a birth certificate and a proof of residence this time.  Apparently it's some useless gesture to prove that politicians are "tough" on illegal immigrants with out actually hindering the businesses that hire the illegal immigrants.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

DGuller

At least JCPD came off in good light.  The cop in charge of keeping order at DMV also took on the task of helping people with the forms and answering questions.

HisMajestyBOB

Got back from Florida yesterday. I went snorkeling and didn't put enough sunscreen on my back, so now it hurts to lean back in a chair, sleep, or do pretty much anything. My entire back is bright red :(
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help