News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Habbaku

-J. R. R. Tolkien

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 28, 2011, 06:11:39 PM
Speed limits = quality of life?  Maybe if you're Sammy Haggar? :unsure:

Yes. Unless I'm just joyriding, the point of driving is to get places. Getting places slower makes me sad. :(
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Habbaku

Bottom of the list, but still on it.  :yeah:

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ideologue

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

DGuller

I got a new GPS, Garmin Nuvi 2460 LMT, and it opened my eyes when it comes to routing.  It has a traffic function, so it automatically routes you to avoid it.  I was driving in North Jersey along the Hudson river, to my home near Holland Tunnel.  To avoid the traffic, it suggested that I take the Lincoln Tunnel to Manhattan, and then get back to New Jersey via a Holland Tunnel.  At 6 pm.  :hmm:

Since I had to be home by 9 am tomorrow, to get to work, I decided to skip that suggestion.  Eventually it relented, and instead instructed me to drive to my home, take the Holland Tunnel to Manhattan, then take the tunnel back to Jersey, and then drive home.  :hmm: I didn't follow that suggestion either.

Josephus

How did we even survive without GPS systems. Boggles the mind.  :hmm:
Civis Romanus Sum

"My friends, love is better than anger. Hope is better than fear. Optimism is better than despair. So let us be loving, hopeful and optimistic. And we'll change the world." Jack Layton 1950-2011

Josquius

It really is taking avoid traffic a bit too far and into the domain of avoid all people eh?
██████
██████
██████

Grey Fox

Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 28, 2011, 10:52:51 AM
You can't tell me what to do.  :rolleyes:

I can. My accent isn't that thick.

:lol:  Yes it is.

If you think my accent is thick, how the hell did you survive in montreal?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Habbaku

Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 06:43:20 PM
Quote from: Habbaku on June 28, 2011, 06:15:06 PM
Quote from: Grey Fox on June 28, 2011, 10:53:54 AM
Quote from: Slargos on June 28, 2011, 10:52:51 AM
You can't tell me what to do.  :rolleyes:

I can. My accent isn't that thick.

:lol:  Yes it is.

If you think my accent is thick, how the hell did you survive in montreal?

:hmm:  All the people I spoke to had superb English, though there was a discernible accent.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Ed Anger

I see I didn't miss much in the past six days.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

Quote from: Ed Anger on June 28, 2011, 07:16:13 PM
I see I didn't miss much in the past six days.

Who the fuck are you?

Habbaku

I think he washed up from the Paradox forums.  Check him for lice.

-J. R. R. Tolkien