MadImmortalMan

That is causing cognitive dissonance...
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on July 01, 2011, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 07:55:38 AM
Speaking of driving, last weekend I found myself in a tough spot.  I was spending the weekend in New York, and driving around here and there.  Suddenly, while still deep in Brooklyn, low fuel light came on.  Crap.  It was 15 miles to New Jersey, in possibly very heavy traffic, so I was far from guaranteed to make it to safety.  I was forced to do the unthinkable:  pump my own gas.

I drove into a gas station, and I fiddle around with the equipment aimlessly.  Eventually I figured out the correct order of events to start pumping, and could stick the nozzle in at the right time, but I still couldn't pump.  Eventually I find the right combination of handle and trigger pulls, and managed to squeeze about a gallon of fuel in before it stopped flowing.  Figuring I had enough to get to New Jersey, I quit while I was ahead, and drove off.

It reminds me of the first time with a girl.  In fact, the concept is pretty much the same, if you think about it.

I hate when they pump it for me. Like I want to have some yahoo do something with my car.

That is a goofy fucking system.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

MadImmortalMan

I shaved off my beard for the first time in 13 years. Feel strange. I shaved other stuff too. My wife will find that out the hard way. :ph34r:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 01, 2011, 10:33:02 PM
I shaved off my beard for the first time in 13 years. Feel strange. I shaved other stuff too. My wife will find that out the hard way. :ph34r:

I'm sitting on an icepack.  :lol:

Tonitrus

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 01, 2011, 11:49:59 PM

I'm sitting on an icepack.  :lol:

An icepack for razor burn?  :P

Razgovory

I wore a beard for a while.  A friend mistook me for a Rabbi.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

HisMajestyBOB

Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Josquius

Tomorrow I depart for London.
If I'm not back by Thursday assume I've been eaten by yoofs.
██████
██████
██████

Razgovory

I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

I shaved off my beard for the first time in 13 years.

Christ, I can't stand my beard for more than a few weeks.  I'd really like to have the follicles removed entirely.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Slargos

Ideologue

Random superhero questions that have been bugging me for a while.

If Batman spends a great deal of time in the Batcave--which, of course, is a cave full of bats--does he also spend a great deal of time covered in guano?  If so, does this enhance, or detract, from his ability to inspire fear in criminals?

If Superman gets his powers from a yellow sun, would he be even more powerful if he wore less clothing?

If Triplicate Girl got pregnant, when she split into her triplicates, would they also be pregnant?  Follow-up question: if one copy got pregnant while split, would she still be pregnant when she recombined, or does she use this for birth control?

If the Spectre is tasked with avenging murders, shouldn't there be roughly 99% fewer supervillains in the world?  If not, does this mean that supervillainy is actually pretty integral to God's plan, and should other superheroes consider this when fighting them?

If Element Lad can turn anything into anything else, how does a LSH comic ever last more than two panels?
Kinemalogue