And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 01, 2011, 11:49:59 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 01, 2011, 10:33:02 PM
I shaved off my beard for the first time in 13 years. Feel strange. I shaved other stuff too. My wife will find that out the hard way. :ph34r:

I'm sitting on an icepack.  :lol:
Guess it didn't go to well with the wife? :(
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on July 03, 2011, 03:17:40 AM
If Batman spends a great deal of time in the Batcave--which, of course, is a cave full of bats--does he also spend a great deal of time covered in guano?
No.  Alfred maintains the cleanliness of the cave, and the bats seem to avoid the parts of the cave that Batman uses.
QuoteIf Superman gets his powers from a yellow sun, would he be even more powerful if he wore less clothing?
I'm not sure that momentary charge is especially important, as Superman is depicted as being extremely powerful even on cloudy days or at night.  It's the accumulated charge of a lifetime that strengthens him, which is why old Supermen are often depicted as hideously powerful, and Superman himself is depicted as somewhat more powerful than other Kryptonians who have less yellow sun-time under their belt.
QuoteIf Triplicate Girl got pregnant, when she split into her triplicates, would they also be pregnant?  Follow-up question: if one copy got pregnant while split, would she still be pregnant when she recombined, or does she use this for birth control?
They're not copies.  They're all her.  If one gets pregnant, they all do, and presumably the child would share the inborn ability of all natives of Cargg to triplicate themselves.  It's surprising that it never came up when she was Triad, given how the purple Triad was a little easy.  Or maybe not, since it's a comic book for young people.
QuoteIf the Spectre is tasked with avenging murders, shouldn't there be roughly 99% fewer supervillains in the world?  If not, does this mean that supervillainy is actually pretty integral to God's plan, and should other superheroes consider this when fighting them?
The Spectre is extremely lazy.  Also, having to operate through a host body seems to weaken him and focus him down on a smaller region.  That said, it would seem that supervillainy is a part of God's plan, but the whole point of superheroics is to stand up to that plan and deny it.
QuoteIf Element Lad can turn anything into anything else, how does a LSH comic ever last more than two panels?
Element Lad is a bit of a weirdo, and his powers are limited by his psychology.  His philosophy keeps him from butchering his opponents like hogs, and it seems that certain enemies are protected from his power.  That said, when the Legion was thrown through time and space and Element Lad was abandoned ten billion years in the past, he lost his mind and became a god.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

The cat seems to be digging a series of cat foxholes around the yard. They don't seem to be poop related either.

Maybe he is preparing for an attack.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Just read an article in the NYT comparing the Gaza relief flotillas to the refugee ship The Exodus.  The true story of The Exodus was a little different than that depicted by Leon Uris and Paul Newman.  The passengers didn't make it to Palestine.  The British boarded the ship, killed three, wounded dozens, and sent the remaining passengers to Hamburg, of all places.

11B4V

"there's a long tradition of insulting people we disagree with here, and I'll be damned if I listen to your entreaties otherwise."-OVB

"Obviously not a Berkut-commanded armored column.  They're not all brewing."- CdM

"We've reached one of our phase lines after the firefight and it smells bad—meaning it's a little bit suspicious... Could be an amb—".

Octavian

Quote from: Ed Anger on July 03, 2011, 12:55:17 PM
The cat seems to be digging a series of cat foxholes around the yard. They don't seem to be poop related either.

Maybe he is preparing for an attack.

If you let someone handcuff you, and put a rope around your neck, don't act all surprised if they hang you!

- Eyal Yanilov.

Forget about winning and losing; forget about pride and pain. Let your opponent graze your skin and you smash into his flesh; let him smash into your flesh and you fracture his bones; let him fracture your bones and you take his life. Do not be concerned with escaping safely - lay your life before him.

- Bruce Lee

CountDeMoney

LOL what a great site, Monkeybutt!

Put this fucker on the front porch:

Ed Anger

That would deter the kids skateboarding down the street.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

jimmy olsen

Me at the War museum in Seoul

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tamas

jimmy olsen

1 Karma Chameleon point

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.