News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Josquius

Quote from: The Brain on July 01, 2011, 01:44:36 PM
Quote from: Youtube commentI am not a "wannabe Swede", I AM a Swede, I just happen to live in Canada.

:bleeding:
Swedes can't live abroad?

Or is this a plastic-Swede like all those supposed 'Irish' in America?
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: Tyr on July 01, 2011, 02:22:42 PM
Quote from: Youtube commentI am not a "wannabe Swede", I AM a Swede, I just happen to live in Canada.

Reminded me of someone, 'sall.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

DGuller

Me too.  :lol:  Although I'm not sure if that part is still there, or if it has been seduced away.

Slargos

The stupid mother fucking Norwegians are at it again.

A bridge is being built to replace one of the transit points in Oslo which sees the most heavy traffic. Projected daily traffic will be 20 000 vehicles by 2015, and knowing how well the Norwegian Department of Transportation typically makes these projections, the real number will probably be 40 000.

How many lanes, you ask? Two. Undivided. Wide enough that truck drivers will be able to high-five eachother as they pass.

Sometimes I wonder whether actual certifiable stupidity lies behind these decisions, or whether there is a plan to make driving uncomfortable enough that people will pick public transportation instead.

Either one is well within the realm of the possible.

Frankly, I expect it's both.

Why the Norwegians tolerate these kinds of decisions I simply cannot fathom. Battered person syndrome, perhaps.

Slargos

Quote from: Tyr on July 01, 2011, 02:22:42 PM

No. The moment you land on foreign soil you are no longer Swedish.

At least, given that the moment you step on Swedish soil you become Swedish, I expect the reverse must also be true.

garbon

Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 07:55:38 AM
Speaking of driving, last weekend I found myself in a tough spot.  I was spending the weekend in New York, and driving around here and there.  Suddenly, while still deep in Brooklyn, low fuel light came on.  Crap.  It was 15 miles to New Jersey, in possibly very heavy traffic, so I was far from guaranteed to make it to safety.  I was forced to do the unthinkable:  pump my own gas.

I drove into a gas station, and I fiddle around with the equipment aimlessly.  Eventually I figured out the correct order of events to start pumping, and could stick the nozzle in at the right time, but I still couldn't pump.  Eventually I find the right combination of handle and trigger pulls, and managed to squeeze about a gallon of fuel in before it stopped flowing.  Figuring I had enough to get to New Jersey, I quit while I was ahead, and drove off.

It reminds me of the first time with a girl.  In fact, the concept is pretty much the same, if you think about it.

I hate when they pump it for me. Like I want to have some yahoo do something with my car.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Slargos

Quote from: garbon on July 01, 2011, 03:38:23 PM
Quote from: DGuller on July 01, 2011, 07:55:38 AM
Speaking of driving, last weekend I found myself in a tough spot.  I was spending the weekend in New York, and driving around here and there.  Suddenly, while still deep in Brooklyn, low fuel light came on.  Crap.  It was 15 miles to New Jersey, in possibly very heavy traffic, so I was far from guaranteed to make it to safety.  I was forced to do the unthinkable:  pump my own gas.

I drove into a gas station, and I fiddle around with the equipment aimlessly.  Eventually I figured out the correct order of events to start pumping, and could stick the nozzle in at the right time, but I still couldn't pump.  Eventually I find the right combination of handle and trigger pulls, and managed to squeeze about a gallon of fuel in before it stopped flowing.  Figuring I had enough to get to New Jersey, I quit while I was ahead, and drove off.

It reminds me of the first time with a girl.  In fact, the concept is pretty much the same, if you think about it.

I hate when they pump it for me. Like I want to have some yahoo do something with my car.

Can't get a better job than gas pumping? Sorry, you ain't touching my ride. :ýes:

Josquius

Quote from: Slargos on July 01, 2011, 02:45:55 PM
No. The moment you land on foreign soil you are no longer Swedish.

At least, given that the moment you step on Swedish soil you become Swedish, I expect the reverse must also be true.

I was Swedish? :w00t:

No....wait.....:unsure:
██████
██████
██████

Siege

"All men are created equal, then some become infantry."

"Those who beat their swords into plowshares will plow for those who don't."

"Laissez faire et laissez passer, le monde va de lui même!"

Admiral Yi

Is that a new sig Seeb?  Quite clever. :)

Josquius

If innacurate in places.
And oh so long
██████
██████
██████

Siege

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 01, 2011, 04:58:18 PM
Is that a new sig Seeb?  Quite clever. :)

That's from Rome Total War's "vices and virtues".

Siege

Admiral Yi

On a different note, I was looking at a picture of a Mayan codex in 1491 while taking a dump and realized it looks just like Matt Groening's work.

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?