News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ed Anger

I could turn that into my sex island....
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 04, 2015, 09:43:25 AM
I wish I could afford that island, looks nice.

94 acres and a freshwater pond for livestock?  Build a hardy little cottage, raise sheep and give the rest of the world the finger.  Hells yeah, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Ed:  not with my sheep, you don't.  Besides, don't you have a Chateau d'Coq, anyway?  Keep your dick on the continent.

Syt

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Ed Anger

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2015, 09:59:14 AM

94 acres and a freshwater pond for livestock?  Build a hardy little cottage, raise sheep and give the rest of the world the finger.  Hells yeah, I'd do it in a heartbeat.

Ed:  not with my sheep, you don't.  Besides, don't you have a Chateau d'Coq, anyway?  Keep your dick on the continent.

With pleasure. :perv:
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Malthus

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 04, 2015, 12:04:59 AM
Irish island costs less than an average London home

http://www.dailymail.co.uk/travel/travel_news/article-2750403/Yours-140-000-Caves-beaches-94-acres-pristine-land-private-island-costs-average-UK-home-reach-boat-helicopter-good-weather.html

"... only accessible by boat or helicopter when weather conditions are suitable". Why do I get the horrible feeling they aren't adding "...which is, realistically, around twice a year"?  :lol:

The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Rain is just water, yes, I'm ok with it.
I would be the old hermit widower living the hard life off the land in his own private island. Fortified, with many weapons to protect my wet cold sheep from the zombies that may float over.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Valmy

Quote from: Malthus on March 04, 2015, 10:03:57 AM
"... only accessible by boat or helicopter when weather conditions are suitable". Why do I get the horrible feeling they aren't adding "...which is, realistically, around twice a year"?  :lol:

Yeah I have a feeling you better have a small fortune to help make your fortress of solitude viable. 
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

lustindarkness

I wonder what trees may survive on that island :unsure:.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 04, 2015, 10:04:49 AM
I would be the old hermit widower living the hard life off the land in his own private island. Fortified, with many weapons to protect my wet cold sheep from the zombies that may float over.

Is your wife cool with your plan to become a widower?  :lol:
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on March 04, 2015, 10:09:17 AM

Probably not, but she would have to have died for me to move to my lonely island with horrible weather, there is no way she would move there with me. :(
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 04, 2015, 10:13:51 AM

Probably not, but she would have to have died for me to move to my lonely island with horrible weather, there is no way she would move there with me. :(

If you like that plan, you can try it out at my place. My family of course owns a more or less private island, only it is in northern Quebec. There is one other cabin on it, but that is miles away (it's a big island) and you never see them.

Even better, it already has a building on it.  ;)

My dad would probably let you stay, if you agreed to cut a couple of cords of firewood.  :lol:

You can be as lonely as you like there in the winter - won't be another human for around twenty or thirty miles. Only, cabin isn't winterized.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Malthus on March 04, 2015, 10:22:19 AM
Quote from: lustindarkness on March 04, 2015, 10:13:51 AM

If you like that plan, you can try it out at my place. My family of course owns a more or less private island, only it is in northern Quebec. There is one other cabin on it, but that is miles away (it's a big island) and you never see them.

Even better, it already has a building on it.  ;)

My dad would probably let you stay, if you agreed to cut a couple of cords of firewood.  :lol:

You can be as lonely as you like there in the winter - won't be another human for around twenty or thirty miles. Only, cabin isn't winterized.

That sounds awesome! I bet Bigfoot lives out there, we could be buddies. :)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 08:35:36 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2015, 02:16:42 AM
I don't know. I like the mother who posted tactfully that Schilling is just perpetuating this sort of behaviour as he directed the Twitter mob to go after each of these guys.

Did I give the impression that any facet of this situation was not horrifying?

Sorry, it was just that element that struck me as horrifying that wasn't really addressed. Which, of course, makes sense given that it is his blog and he is unlikely to call attention to his own appalling behaviour.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Malthus

Quote from: lustindarkness on March 04, 2015, 10:25:37 AM

That sounds awesome! I bet Bigfoot lives out there, we could be buddies. :)

I dunno about bigfoot, but there are definitely moose and bears (the animal variety  ;) ). Last year, moose dropped about a ton of poop on our trails, and bears dug some big holes going after wasp grubs.

lustindarkness

Moose and bear, yeah, enough food to support a sasquash family. They won't let you see them, but they are there. That's why the show on TV is called Finding Bigfoot, not Searching for Bigfoot. ;)
Grand Duke of Lurkdom