And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 04, 2015, 12:04:59 AM
Irish island costs less than an average London home
Less than the average house price full stop (around £270k). £140 000 not that much in terms of house buying.
Let's bomb Russia!

garbon

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 12:21:30 AM
By the way remember how I said I would stay off twitter forever?

Here are some dudes who decided being incredibly vile to Curt Schilling about his daughter would be a good idea: https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/the-world-we-live-in-man-has-it-changed/

I hope ruining your lives was worth it guys.

I don't know. I like the mother who posted tactfully that Schilling is just perpetuating this sort of behaviour as he directed the Twitter mob to go after each of these guys.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ideologue

Quote from: ValBy the way remember how I said I would stay off twitter forever?

Here are some dudes who decided being incredibly vile to Curt Schilling about his daughter would be a good idea: https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/the-world-we-live-in-man-has-it-changed/

I'm pleased as punch.  The panopticon works.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Liep

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2015, 02:16:42 AM
Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 12:21:30 AM
By the way remember how I said I would stay off twitter forever?

I don't know. I like the mother who posted tactfully that Schilling is just perpetuating this sort of behaviour as he directed the Twitter mob to go after each of these guys.
:yes: Twitter mob justice is a scary thing.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

garbon

Quote from: Liep on March 03, 2015, 06:03:54 PM
What do you do?

Same thing I've done forever - market research. So designing questionnaires and analysing* results.

I forgot what first days are like. My boss's train is late, so I have largely just been chilling at my desk. Not even a computer yet. :D

*forgive my British spellings. iPhone is set to British spellings, so this is not a new affectation of mine. -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Tamas

Anyone knows a reliable "man and a van" service which works in Surrey?

CountDeMoney

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2015, 04:33:18 AM
*forgive my British spellings. iPhone is set to British spellings, so this is not a new affectation of mine. -_-

That would drive me up the fucking wall.

garbon

I figure I better get used to it given that (I assume), I'll be expected to adapt for all my written reports. :(

mongers

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2015, 07:12:59 AM
Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2015, 04:33:18 AM

That would drive me up the fucking wall.

Colour me sceptical.  :bowler:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

CountDeMoney

I AM GOING TO THE HOSPITAL

Eddie Teach

Quote from: mongers on March 04, 2015, 07:57:32 AM
Colour me sceptical.  :bowler:

I'm unfamiliar with that color. Do you know the hex code?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

garbon

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 04, 2015, 07:58:29 AM
I AM GOING TO THE HOSPITAL

I don't know that it'll be autocorrecting my grammar. :D

Valmy

Quote from: garbon on March 04, 2015, 02:16:42 AM

Did I give the impression that any facet of this situation was not horrifying?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

mongers

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"