News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

crazy canuck

Is pre-diabetes a thing or is it just that you have risk factors that make it more likely you will develop a form of diabetes?

Ideologue

Quote from: Mayo ClinicPrediabetes means that your blood sugar level is higher than normal but not yet high enough to be classified as type 2 diabetes. Without intervention, prediabetes is likely to become type 2 diabetes in 10 years or less. If you have prediabetes, the long-term damage of diabetes — especially to your heart and circulatory system — may already be starting.

There's good news, however. Prediabetes can be an opportunity for you to improve your health. Progression from prediabetes to type 2 diabetes isn't inevitable.

With healthy lifestyle changes — such as eating healthy foods, including physical activity in your daily routine and maintaining a healthy weight — you may be able to bring your blood sugar level back to normal.

Uggggggh.

Hell, I dunno, maybe I have diabetes.  I feel kind of weird when I eat more than four or five cookies.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

CountDeMoney

And we've only been telling you for how long now?  Usually most guys aren't supposed to be this thickheaded when it comes to diet until well into their 50s. 
But it just wouldn't be you with thickheadedness, I guess.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Ideologue on March 03, 2015, 07:06:23 PM
Hell, I dunno, maybe I have diabetes.  I feel kind of weird when I eat more than four or five cookies.

Or maybe its that you are eating 5 cookies....

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Fucked up all around.

QuoteRevenge may be the motive for the killings in South Carolina of more than 300,000 commercial chickens worth about $1.7 million over the past two weeks, authorities said on Monday.

Birds have been found dead of unnatural causes in 16 chicken houses at six farms that grow chickens for Pilgrims Pride Corp, the largest poultry producer in the United States, which laid off some 60 people right before the killings began, Clarendon County Sheriff Randy Garrett said.

The company has a processing plant in Sumter, South Carolina.

About 325,000 chickens have been found dead at the farms since mid-February, Garrett said. One farmer, W.L. Coker, lost the birds in eight chicken houses, or about 160,000 birds, he said.

Authorities are searching for killers with a deep working knowledge of raising chickens, Garrett said, adding that he believed the deaths of the chickens are related to the layoffs.

Vandals bypassed alarms systems and raised or lowered temperature in the chicken houses, killing them, Garrett said.

"Depending on the age of the birds, they knew whether to jack the heat up or jack the heat off," Garrett said.

Young birds need more heat, and older ones need less, he said.

"They had all that knowledge of the farms and how many weeks growth the chickens were," Garrett said.

Garrett said his office has contacted U.S. Department of Agriculture authorities and state police.

Pilgrim's Pride said in a statement that it was fully cooperating with authorities.

"These unfortunate, yet apparently deliberate acts show a blatant disregard for the welfare of the chickens and the livelihood of the family farmers involved," the statement said.

The acts were also condemned by state officials overseeing South Carolina's agriculture industry.

"Farming presents its own unique challenges without something like this happening," South Carolina Agriculture Commissioner Hugh Weathers said in a statement.

Grinning_Colossus

Quote from: Jacob on March 03, 2015, 12:53:10 PM
Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2015, 12:51:02 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2015, 12:29:58 PM
Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 02, 2015, 09:52:59 PM
I have a very high-stakes interview coming up. Hey smart, professional people, what the hell do you say when the interviewer says "Tell me about yourself."?

My name is Grinning_Colossus, I am 28 years old, and I like dinosaurs.

The question is designed to weed out the people who can only think about tombstone data and dinosaurs. :P

:lol:

And what if they hit him with Behavioral Interview questions, which has become all the rage with the kids these days, Jacob?   I've sat through hours of those interrogatories.

Then you punch them in the face and yell "keep your fucking bullshit job, you guys are obviously morons or assholes or both. Fuck you!".

Alternately, you give it your best shot and hope for the best.

Thanks for the advice, Jacob. :) It's actually a Skype interview (for admission to a law school), which would make throwing a punch rather ineffectual. :(
Quis futuit ipsos fututores?

jimmy olsen

It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

Valmy

I would rather have a home in London than some island I would need a helicopter or boat to get to.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

HVC

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 12:11:58 AM
I would rather have a home in London than some island I would need a helicopter or boat to get to.
youre forgetting the possibility of leprechaun gold
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Valmy

I noticed the Daily Fail labeled England 'UK' and Scotland as 'Scotland'.  Are they aware the independence referendum failed?
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Valmy

By the way remember how I said I would stay off twitter forever?

Here are some dudes who decided being incredibly vile to Curt Schilling about his daughter would be a good idea: https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/the-world-we-live-in-man-has-it-changed/

I hope ruining your lives was worth it guys.

HVC

Sports rivalries are a funny thing.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Valmy on March 04, 2015, 12:21:30 AM
By the way remember how I said I would stay off twitter forever?

Here are some dudes who decided being incredibly vile to Curt Schilling about his daughter would be a good idea: https://38pitches.wordpress.com/2015/03/01/the-world-we-live-in-man-has-it-changed/

I hope ruining your lives was worth it guys.
Wow, what a bunch of scum bags.

1 Karma Chameleon point