News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

She should be liquidated along with any progeny.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Josquius

Dogs are for life. Get a dog and assuming good health for both of you, you will be together for at least a decade.
Cats are rather more transient creatures. Most people I know who have/have had cats, never went out and bought a kitten. One day a cat just... Turned up. And decided to stay.
Many people I know who have lost cats didn't have the same experience as dog owners either. The cat just didn't come home one day.
██████
██████
██████

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tyr on March 02, 2015, 01:55:04 AM
Dogs are for life. Get a dog and assuming good health for both of you, you will be together for at least a decade.
Cats are rather more transient creatures. Most people I know who have/have had cats, never went out and bought a kitten. One day a cat just... Turned up. And decided to stay.
Many people I know who have lost cats didn't have the same experience as dog owners either. The cat just didn't come home one day.

Tyr doubles down
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Sheilbh

Quote from: jimmy olsen on March 02, 2015, 02:00:24 AM
Tyr doubles down
Yep. Except for the first sentence I'm going to totally dissociate myself from my earlier sympathy.
Let's bomb Russia!

Eddie Teach

Tyr doubles down

Not really. "The cat will leave you" is not the same as "the cat is disposable".
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Liep

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on March 02, 2015, 02:09:33 AM
Tyr doubles down

Not really. "The cat will leave you" is not the same as "the cat is disposable".

And apparently Britain is suffering from rampant cat thefts or has a troubling amount of homeless cats, so we can't blame him for forming these thoughts. Personally I know no one who have just kept a cat that someday showed up.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Syt

Quote from: Valmy on February 27, 2015, 08:43:16 PM
Quote from: Syt on February 27, 2015, 05:02:21 PM
@Malthus :o

That's what I get for not watching comedy shows anymore.

Wait you thought 'Let's go to the Mall' was real :lol:

I've never watched the show (and have no intention to). I saw the song referenced in a YouTube stream (with no context) and searched for the video on YouTube (which looks convincingly like from a bad 90s teen show).
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Liep on March 02, 2015, 03:32:24 AM
Personally I know no one who have just kept a cat that someday showed up.

A cat showed up and we stole her kittens.  :blush:

Course, the mamas aren't interested in being housecats and the stray kittens tend not to make it to adulthood, so I don't really feel guilty about this.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Grey Fox

Thats a very british way of seeing cat ownership, a place where they are still mostly outdoor compare to the USA.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

lustindarkness

I installed a new faucet in the kitchen sink, banged my head only once. :pinch: No wonder plumbers charge so much, uncomfortable work.  <_<
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Grey Fox on March 02, 2015, 08:23:22 AM
Thats a very british way of seeing cat ownership, a place where they are still mostly outdoor compare to the USA.

Disposable?

CountDeMoney

Tyr deserves his own spot on the Autism spectrum.  Actually, a lot of Languishites do.

derspiess

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 02, 2015, 10:49:48 AM
Quote from: Grey Fox on March 02, 2015, 08:23:22 AM

Disposable?

I've got three of 'em down by the bin, and the dustmen won't touch 'em!
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Ed Anger

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Admiral Yi

Quote from: derspiess on March 02, 2015, 10:51:20 AM
I've got three of 'em down by the bin, and the dustmen won't touch 'em!

Unions.  :rolleyes: