:blurgh:

Everyone likes dinosaurs.

Dinosaurs can't do PowerPoint
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

CountDeMoney

Razgovory

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2015, 10:01:01 PM
Leave off the dinosaurs. Or say "I'm interested in Paleontology"

How do you answer the question: "What is your worst quality?"?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Liep

SAS stewardesses went on strike last week grounding a lot of planes, this week it's Norwegian pilots and Air France and that German airline was hit too a little while ago. What's up with the airline industry? Is it all Ryan Air's fault?
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

derspiess

Quote from: Ed Anger on March 02, 2015, 09:41:38 PM
I can no longer eat Peanut Butter cups. They make me sick as a dog now.

End of an era :(
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

derspiess

My buddy's wife was in Indonesia on business and she stopped by a grocery store to pick up some lotion.  Turns out every single bottle contained whitening agent :lol:
"If you can play a guitar and harmonica at the same time, like Bob Dylan or Neil Young, you're a genius. But make that extra bit of effort and strap some cymbals to your knees, suddenly people want to get the hell away from you."  --Rich Hall

Josquius

Quote from: Grinning_Colossus on March 02, 2015, 09:52:59 PM
I have a very high-stakes interview coming up. Hey smart, professional people, what the hell do you say when the interviewer says "Tell me about yourself."?

My name is Grinning_Colossus, I am 28 years old, and I like dinosaurs.

Flippancy works
██████
██████
██████

The Brain

Quote from: derspiess on March 03, 2015, 11:36:21 AM
My buddy's wife was in Indonesia on business and she stopped by a grocery store to pick up some lotion.  Turns out every single bottle contained whitening agent :lol:

Orchard elevator whether broccoli :w00t:
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

crazy canuck

I have a very high-stakes interview coming up. Hey smart, professional people, what the hell do you say when the interviewer says "Tell me about yourself."?

The question is designed to weed out the people who can only think about tombstone data and dinosaurs. :P

Jacob

You do a series of quick highlights about yourself - what's the most relevant experience (one broad based and one little detail), why are you enthusiastic about this particular job and think you're a good fit, one or two appropriate non-work related factoids about yourself.

Depending on the vibe at the interview, you can end with a question to them - either about them individually or the company - or you give them some sort of concluding statement like "those are the main things" or turn it to them "I understand you're looking for XYZ and I'm eager to learn more details."

Feel free to throw in whatever charm or humour or Tyrian flippancy to show you're personable if appropriate for the context.

So... something like this maybe:

"About me... let's see... I've got my professional designation - I've been a CPA for six years now, and working at [major company] for four of those years; before that I did assorted work for small businesses on a contract basis. I consider myself really solid on coding and scripting aspects of data analysis - there's always more to learn, of course, but I'm quite comfortable with taking on big projects - on my own or with a team. I've lead teams of up to ten people, dealing with larger projects, and am comfortable in that role."

Add a bit about your personality and company culture if it seems appropriate, too.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2015, 12:29:58 PM

The question is designed to weed out the people who can only think about tombstone data and dinosaurs. :P

:lol:

And what if they hit him with Behavioral Interview questions, which has become all the rage with the kids these days, Jacob?   I've sat through hours of those interrogatories. 

Jacob

Quote from: CountDeMoney on March 03, 2015, 12:51:02 PM
Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2015, 12:29:58 PM

:lol:

And what if they hit him with Behavioral Interview questions, which has become all the rage with the kids these days, Jacob?   I've sat through hours of those interrogatories.

Then you punch them in the face and yell "keep your fucking bullshit job, you guys are obviously morons or assholes or both. Fuck you!".

Alternately, you give it your best shot and hope for the best.

Valmy

The first one would make him feel better.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

crazy canuck

Vancouver now has the highest gas prices in North America 1.32 per litre.  Apparently 50 cents of that is taxation.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: crazy canuck on March 03, 2015, 01:25:25 PM
Vancouver now has the highest gas prices in North America 1.32 per litre.  Apparently 50 cents of that is taxation.

Having nice schools, clean air and drinkable water sucks, doesn't it?