News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

When in doubt, Lagavulin 16y?
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on December 31, 2023, 03:12:18 PMI haven't bought whisky in ages, and I want to buy a bottle as a present. What's the best of the popular single malt scotchs nowadays? I'm stuck on glenfiddich/macallan/glenmorangie which are the ones I used to drink back in the time.

If you want to be a little bit exotic but still give quality, Nikka from the barrel is quite decent.

Jacob

Quote from: Syt on December 31, 2023, 03:22:31 PMWhen in doubt, Lagavulin 16y?

It's a lovely whisky, but only for those of us who like it peaty. Which isn't everyone :(

Admiral Yi

Talisker because of Charlie Wilson's War.

I haven't drunk single malt in 30 years.

Sheilbh

Quote from: Jacob on December 31, 2023, 03:29:34 PM
Quote from: celedhring on December 31, 2023, 03:12:18 PMI haven't bought whisky in ages, and I want to buy a bottle as a present. What's the best of the popular single malt scotchs nowadays? I'm stuck on glenfiddich/macallan/glenmorangie which are the ones I used to drink back in the time.

If you want to be a little bit exotic but still give quality, Nikka from the barrel is quite decent.
It's fantastic.
Let's bomb Russia!

celedhring

I don't think my uncle - who is rather old fashioned - is ready for Japanese whisky.  :P

Josquius

Quote from: celedhring on January 01, 2024, 04:00:59 AMI don't think my uncle - who is rather old fashioned - is ready for Japanese whisky.  :P

Print fake super kitschy labels of a Scottish Highlands landscape and stick them over the top? :p
██████
██████
██████

Jacob

Quote from: celedhring on January 01, 2024, 04:00:59 AMI don't think my uncle - who is rather old fashioned - is ready for Japanese whisky.  :P

Fair.

Check here for ideas: https://www.connosr.com/top-rated-scotch-whisky-list

Sheilbh

Interesting Ethiopia and Somaliland have agreed seaport access in exchange for recognition :hmm:
Let's bomb Russia!

Syt

If anyone is looking for a place for their vacation this year. :)

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

The Brain

That brochure looks pretty sweet ngl.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Quote from: Syt on January 02, 2024, 01:20:17 AMIf anyone is looking for a place for their vacation this year. :)

I guess New Jersey has a similar history to crap seaside downs here?
██████
██████
██████

Admiral Yi

Jersey has nice upwardly mobile beaches and tacky precariate beaches.  I've been to both.