News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Syt

I went to Popeyes a couple times on the US Army base in Schweinfurt in the late 90s. I liked it a lot.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Josquius

Seems the scientists have recognised my pain.

BBC News - Non-burping can damage quality of life, researchers say
https://www.bbc.co.uk/news/health-67774902

It's very rare that I burp. Always used to be a thing when drinking that I had to do a handstand or put my fingers down my throat to force one. The only time I'll burp normally is when I'm going to puke.
██████
██████
██████

Syt

Since flag redesigns seem in fashion, Kyrgyzstan is adopting a new flag. Old one on the left, new one on the right.

Still looks like they're sponsored by XBox and/or Xerox, though.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

celedhring

The pharmacy from my hometown where I used to buy all my pharmacy stuff has sold winning tickets of the Spanish Christmas lottery. As a matter of coping with FOMO, I always buy Christmas lottery from all my usual stores (it's typical over here for businesses of all kinds to sell Xmas lottery).

If I had never left my hometown I would be: rich

Is this a life lesson?

Josquius

I slept 18 hours today. Had a 40 degree temperature. Typical as soon as I'm off work.
██████
██████
██████

HVC

Your kids fault. Petri dishes.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

crazy canuck

Quote from: Josquius on December 22, 2023, 12:57:14 PMI slept 18 hours today. Had a 40 degree temperature. Typical as soon as I'm off work.

For the first 10 or so years of my career the same thing would happen to me. 

I sympathize.  :console:

crazy canuck

Quote from: HVC on December 22, 2023, 01:00:23 PMYour kids fault. Petri dishes.

For me at least it was pre-kids.

I actually think it was the kids that cured me of that particular problem.

Barrister

Quote from: Josquius on December 22, 2023, 12:57:14 PMI slept 18 hours today. Had a 40 degree temperature. Typical as soon as I'm off work.

See, I'm thinking  18 hours of sleep?  Lucky bastard...
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Grey Fox

My hips are already hurting just thinking of being in bed for so long.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Caliga

Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2023, 06:28:30 PMI only recently had my first Popeye's meal. I liked it.
A Popeye's is opening right by my house.  I'm looking forward to it.  Popeye's Chicken is the shiznit.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Josquius

Quote from: Barrister on December 22, 2023, 02:42:04 PM

See, I'm thinking  18 hours of sleep?  Lucky bastard...

Luckily we're visiting my partners parents so I'm not necessary for child wrangling.
Though it does make the already complex sleeping arrangements in their 2 bedroom flat even worse with me taking whole big bed to myself so as not to infect anyone.  :blush:
██████
██████
██████

Caliga

Quote from: Caliga on December 22, 2023, 04:08:43 PM
Quote from: Tamas on December 20, 2023, 06:28:30 PMI only recently had my first Popeye's meal. I liked it.
A Popeye's is opening right by my house.  I'm looking forward to it.  Popeye's Chicken is the shiznit.
I just checked and it looks like they don't sell jambalaya anymore. :mad: Fuck, it was shockingly good for a fast food place.  Oh well.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

HVC

Maybe it's just the ones near me, but the quality has dipped. When did Burger Hortons buy them out?
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Sheilbh

Reading about Yukio Mishima's first trip the west. San Fran, Rio, New York , Paris, London etc. Then at the end of the paragraph: "For some unknown reason, he also took a day trip to Guildford" :lol:
Let's bomb Russia!