And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Monoriu

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 02:50:46 AM
Are you legally an employee of the school, or are you an employee of a service?

If you are an employee of the school, it actually might.  It absolutely would if it were an American school.  (You see that use of the subjunctive?  I'm bad-ass.)

On the other hand, I'd be willing to bet a dollar that PSLF is not available for non-American non-profits and non-American government service.  It wouldn't make much sense for it too.  But if it's a teacher placement service, and they're an American-organized non-profit...

OK, so I'm ignorant of the organization of your industry.  Sue me. :(
Currently I'm an employee of the Chungnam (province) department of education. At my last school I was directly employeed by my school.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Maybe there's some foreign aid budget for it. :hmm:

Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

I told them it'd probably be 6-8 weeks 'cause of the FBI check but she said that other applicants would have that problem  so she was not deterred. They want you. (at least the rep I talked to does, she's going to talk to her supervisor about you)
Just get the TEFL asap, I promised that you'd have it in 2 weeks.

Start doing all that stuff I asked, asap.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

Ok, word back from the supervisor. If their recruiter can find someone for mid march they'll take them. But if the other applicants also have to wait for the FBI check they'll take you instead. They're salivating over that degree.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Why? :hmm:  It doesn't mean he'd make a good teacher.  Not to knock Ide... but it's just a weird degree to salivate over if you're in the education business.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on February 16, 2012, 06:39:41 AM
Why? :hmm:  It doesn't mean he'd make a good teacher.  Not to knock Ide... but it's just a weird degree to salivate over if you're in the education business.
OMG! It says DOCTOR! He must be a GENIUS!!!111

1 Karma Chameleon point

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2012, 11:31:11 PM
Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 15, 2012, 11:22:04 PM
Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2012, 11:18:47 PM
So is Ide going to be the next member of Languish sent to East Asia?  When is this going to end?  When we are all over there?

How many of us are already over here? I went Korea->China, Tyr's in Japan, Tim's in Korea and Ide will join him soon (hopefully)... anyone else? Is Pitiful Pathos still over in Asia?

You people are monsters!  You are trying to settle Languish member in Asia!  When will it end?  CdM in the PRC with a wife a kid and a party membership?

I would look so good in a Chairman's tunic.

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 12:17:25 AM
I could take the State X bar in the meantime (or even, miraculously, get a civil servant job).

You look into sitting for the Fed?  That opens opportunities as well.

Monoriu

In this part of the world, only the best of the best can get into a law school.  A law degree means you are within the top 2-3% of the smartest and most motivated of your age.

lustindarkness

Quote from: Monoriu on February 16, 2012, 10:59:45 AM

In this part of the world, only the best of the best can get into a law school.  A law degree means you are within the top 2-3% of the smartest and most motivated of your age.

Just like Ide.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Razgovory

Could someone tell me what Ide did that would cause problems in a background check?  This is something I don't know.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Why, so you can throw it in his face the next time you feel whiny?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on February 16, 2012, 01:09:59 PM
Why, so you can throw it in his face the next time you feel whiny?

Yeah, that wouldn't be bad.  I guess I could just ask Korea.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Admiral Yi

He sold heroin to the Devil.