News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Razgovory

I still think Ide would make a good engineer.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ed Anger

Quote from: Razgovory on February 15, 2012, 09:19:49 AM
I still think Ide would make a good engineer.

Ide: It is my new bomber!
Chairman, JC: It has 20 engines.
Ide: AIRPOWER!

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on February 14, 2012, 11:58:51 PMWhoa, whoa, whoa.  Sorry, I think you got the wrong idea.

I'm just trying not to get my hopes up about it being some sort of salvation, where I suddenly become some kind of superhumanly happy person.  I do not get my hopes up that high about anything, anymore.  That's what I've did and it doesn't work.  It's also called growing up.

And obviously, obviously, obviously Tim is the shit.  HMBob is also a very nice man.

And Jakob Danesperson is usually nice too, but I think he's tired of my pity party.  Noted. -_-

Well I hope I got the wrong idea :hug:

It's just that I've heard that kind of "not get my hopes up" reasoning a few too many times from people who don't get off their ass to take the chances that present themselves. But like I said, I'll be very happy to be wrong.

Ideologue

Hey, do I need the "passport card"?  It says it's just good for land and sea crossings with designated countries, and 1)Korea isn't one of them and 2)they don't let me take my Thor Heyerdahl canoe through the canal anymore.  Not after last time.

Can't you just use your passport book to flee to Canada or Mexico anyway?

I ask because it costs $40.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

You don't want the card. 

jimmy olsen

Ok, you basically got this job in the bag. They creamed their panties when they saw your degree. I specifically told them it was equivalent to a masters but they see only the word doctris.

Now you will have to do several specific things that will cost a couple of hundred dollars to get the job.

First get a regular passport book and expedite it.

If you don't have a current (last six months) FBI check send away for one immediately.

Also, you're going to have to go here and sign up for the online 100 hr course. They give you a shit ton of material to download and let you take an online test which you have 24 hours (from a time of your choosing) to complete open book. Depending on how much grammar you remember from school it may take all that time... :blush: It's seriously long though, even if you remember everything from school it'll take you a long time.

http://www.tesolonline.com/online-tesol-courses/

You also have to make copies of stuff like you degree and get those apostiled. You have to get the FBI check apostiled as well. Be sure to note that you need that done when you get the FBI check. They won't do it themselves, but they will give you a background check that can then be apostiled by the state department.

Are you willing to these things?

I will also note that despite their enthusiasm, given how long it takes an FBI check they may still say no, however the above costs will not be wasted for doing the above things will guarantee you a job in Korea or China within a month.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Just remember, we will want AARs of drunken Tim/Ide adventures across Korea.  :P

Jacob

This is the most exciting development on languish in quite a long time :cheers:

Neil

Haven't we already read about Ide's adventures in Korea?  'My cock is the 4th Panzer Army', and so forth?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Jacob

Quote from: Neil on February 15, 2012, 07:51:10 PM
Haven't we already read about Ide's adventures in Korea?  'My cock is the 4th Panzer Army', and so forth?

Well yes of course, and that is exactly the point. I'm looking forward to how Ide's imaginary Korea (the place, not the person) plays out when exposed to the real one.

Ed Anger

Jake, we can discuss my 3rd Shock Army's adventures if you wish.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Monoriu

It strikes me that 4th Panzer Army was an odd choice, seeing that it was trapped/defeated/destroyed in the end...

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Monoriu on February 15, 2012, 08:40:25 PM

It strikes me that 4th Panzer Army was an odd choice, seeing that it was trapped/defeated/destroyed in the end...
Perhaps a prophetic choice?
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

Good luck Ide, Korea is lots of fun :)
Go to Hongdae every weekend!
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

Razgovory

I thought it was round about saying "I got cockblocked".
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017