News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Hey, I dunno what the timeframe is.

I do have a certified copy of my birth certificate ready. :)
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Go immediately. I just forwarded your resume.

Also, I believe you can have it expedited for an additional fee.

Anyways, if you don't get this job don't worry about it. You'll definitely be able to get a job in Korea somewhere if you keep applying.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Tonitrus

Though I'm sure things will be vastly different in several years, are there any ESL teachers over there in the 40-50 age range?  Or is it (as I would imagine), mostly a youngsters game?

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 15, 2012, 02:10:24 AM
Though I'm sure things will be vastly different in several years, are there any ESL teachers over there in the 40-50 age range?  Or is it (as I would imagine), mostly a youngsters game?
In Korea there are some. It's increased a bit since I've started, but still mostly younger folks.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

When I was a kid, all the native speaker teachers were young.

And good luck, Ide.   

Monoriu

Quote from: Ideologue on February 14, 2012, 10:24:50 PM
Man, you know me.  It's just going to be same shit, different place.  "Why don't girls like me?"  "Why am I unhappy?"  "Higher education is a scam."  "Map sucks."

Like I said, all those problems will disappear as soon as you find a decent job.  Except "map sucks"  ;) 

Monoriu

Quote from: Ideologue on February 15, 2012, 12:01:12 AM
But on the subject of passports, that was actually a question I wanted to ask: passports take time--even if I went to the Passport Store tomorrow, it would be a while.

Also I wonder if this would interfere with my taking the State X bar in July. I'm just curious.

Obvioulsy you can't go without a passport, but is there anything that prevents you from going to the passport office tomorrow?  Or even this afternoon? 

katmai

Quote from: Habbaku on February 15, 2012, 12:46:55 AM
My passport took 3 weeks. At most, it'll take 2 months.  :mellow:

Quote from: jimmy olsen« on: Today at 09:57:04 pm »

Also, I believe you can have it expedited for an additional fee.

Yeah i got mine fast tracked in like 10 days time. If i hadn't done that it was a 6-8 weeks turnaround.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on February 15, 2012, 12:46:55 AM
My passport took 3 weeks. At most, it'll take 2 months.  :mellow:

Yeah, it's not like passports are hard to get.  Even I've had one.  And I bite people if left in an office environment to long.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Monoriu on February 15, 2012, 02:20:28 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 14, 2012, 10:24:50 PM
Man, you know me.  It's just going to be same shit, different place.  "Why don't girls like me?"  "Why am I unhappy?"  "Higher education is a scam."  "Map sucks."

Like I said, all those problems will disappear as soon as you find a decent job.  Except "map sucks"  ;)

I doubt a good map is as elusive as happiness.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Monoriu

It is the girl part that is the hardest, especially for us short, obese, clumsy, anti-social and unromantic folks.  But hey, if I can find a wife, pretty much anybody can  :showoff:

Razgovory

Quote from: Monoriu on February 15, 2012, 03:29:10 AM
It is the girl part that is the hardest, especially for us short, obese, clumsy, anti-social and unromantic folks.  But hey, if I can find a wife, pretty much anybody can  :showoff:

Ide is neither short nor obese.  Don't know about clumsy.  Anti-social, sure.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

lustindarkness

Ide, you can always join the military, you never know when they could send you to Korea.
Grand Duke of Lurkdom

Lettow77

Good luck, Ide :)

I hope you find the happiness in Korea that you were ultimately unable to find in Korea. If we both end up in east asia, we should meet up sometime.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Tonitrus on February 15, 2012, 02:10:24 AM

China seems to have an older crowd than Korea. Most of my foreign coworkers are at least 30, two are married (to locals) and one is in a committed relationship. The youngest are myself at 26 and another at 25. I imagine those who teach at a university in Korea/Japan/China tend to be older as well.
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help