News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Grey Fox

Sex offender with Korea. Just like the path you are on.
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Razgovory

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 16, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
Sex offender with Korea. Just like the path you are on.

Wait, what?
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

MadImmortalMan

So many hoops to jump through. Seems like the process should be easier.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on February 16, 2012, 06:39:41 AM
Why? :hmm:  It doesn't mean he'd make a good teacher.  Not to knock Ide... but it's just a weird degree to salivate over if you're in the education business.

No, I fully agree.  It's retarded.  What if I had an LL.B., like some kind of loser Canadian?  It's the same.  Thanks Harvard!  Your nonsense is appreciated.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Ideologue

Quote from: Grey Fox on February 16, 2012, 01:48:44 PM
Sex offender with Korea.

Not in this state.  If we lived in California or Arizona, and perhaps Quebec, yes.  But we didn't.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Admiral Yi

Quebec?  I thought their age of consent was like 13.

Ideologue

Quote from: CountDeMoney on February 16, 2012, 07:26:44 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 12:17:25 AM
I could take the State X bar in the meantime (or even, miraculously, get a civil servant job).

You look into sitting for the Fed?  That opens opportunities as well.

Which one?  There isn't a single civil service exam anymore, and most posts are filled by regular applications. :unsure:

I wish there was such an exam.  It's how my dad landed in his gig.  (And I really wish he hadn't left that managerial position and kept advancing in responsibility.  "OH YOUR FATHER WAS THE REGIONAL DIRECTOR, YOU SAY?" <_< )
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Admiral Yi on February 16, 2012, 03:38:30 PM

I said perhaps.  I don't know Quebecois law.
Kinemalogue

Barrister

Age of consent across Canada was raised to 16 several years ago (with a two years close in age exception).
Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Ideologue

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2012, 04:10:53 AM
Ok, word back from the supervisor. If their recruiter can find someone for mid march they'll take them. But if the other applicants also have to wait for the FBI check they'll take you instead. They're salivating over that degree.

:)

I'll get it done as time and (more crucially) funds permit.  I go back to work shortly, and need to go by the bank ("what is, how you say, direct deposit?") but I'm off tomorrow, so there should be no issue getting the passport paperwork in then (gotta apply in person, and don't know how long it'll take), and I'll look and see what I need for the FBI check/apostillement in the next few minutes.
Kinemalogue

Ideologue

Quote from: Barrister on February 16, 2012, 03:44:11 PM
Age of consent across Canada was raised to 16 several years ago (with a two years close in age exception).

Oh, then I'd be fine.
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 03:45:29 PM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 16, 2012, 04:10:53 AM
Ok, word back from the supervisor. If their recruiter can find someone for mid march they'll take them. But if the other applicants also have to wait for the FBI check they'll take you instead. They're salivating over that degree.

:)

I'll get it done as time and (more crucially) funds permit.  I go back to work shortly, and need to go by the bank ("what is, how you say, direct deposit?") but I'm off tomorrow, so there should be no issue getting the passport paperwork in then (gotta apply in person, and don't know how long it'll take), and I'll look and see what I need for the FBI check/apostillement in the next few minutes.
do the FBI check first since it'll take the longest.

EDIT: You got a credit card? They'll pay you back for the ticket within two to four weeks of coming over but you'll have to pay for it at the time you come over and it ain't cheap.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Caliga

Quote from: Monoriu on February 16, 2012, 10:59:45 AM
In this part of the world, only the best of the best can get into a law school.  A law degree means you are within the top 2-3% of the smartest and most motivated of your age.
How does being "the best of the best" mean he'd make a good teacher?
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Caliga on February 16, 2012, 07:40:43 PM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 16, 2012, 10:59:45 AM
In this part of the world, only the best of the best can get into a law school.  A law degree means you are within the top 2-3% of the smartest and most motivated of your age.
How does being "the best of the best" mean he'd make a good teacher?
Koreans don't think like that. If your smart (can memorize things well), you will be the best. That's why the English curriculum blows here.

Taiwan's is much better from what I hear, and from limited personal experience this seemed to be true.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Habbaku

Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 03:45:29 PM
gotta apply in person, and don't know how long it'll take

I went to a sleepy post office run by a couple of hicks.  In and out in under 30 minutes.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien