News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

Korea- Too boring

Started by Josquius, January 31, 2012, 07:15:26 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Oh, I'm sure I could come up with the money, just not from Chase (evil), HSBC (evil), Discover (wise), or Bank of America (evil in their banking practices, but not so evil as to rescind my credit line despite timely payments for years when I needed it most).
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

I could also cover a lot of your expenses here that first month.

I'll know where you live after all. :menace:
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Jet: So what kind of woman is she? What's Julia like?
Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
Jet: I see.
Faye: Like an angel from the underworld. Or a devil from Paradise.
--------------------------------------------
1 Karma Chameleon point

Monoriu

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2012, 12:35:17 AM
Quote from: Monoriu on February 16, 2012, 11:15:45 PM
I liked the foreign teachers when I was in primary school.  Instead of the never-ending exams, tests and exercises, they just talked to us.  They came to class, and said today we would talk about the moon.  There were no marks to be deducted, no grades given, and no homework.  That's all they did.  We really enjoyed the opportunity to slack off  :bowler:

Training the scribes of the People's Republic of China: a new scandal envelopes Newt Gingrich.

Do you want your ipads or not?   :menace:

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Siege on February 16, 2012, 11:18:27 PM
Quote from: MadImmortalMan on January 31, 2012, 07:57:36 PM
What I think of: Remo Williams    :lol:

Ironically, the racist Korean martial arts master in that movie is Joel Grey, who knows no martial arts and is actually Jewish, not asian. His daughter is Jennifer Grey from Ferris Bueller and Dirty Dancing.

What? The HOTT chick in Ferris Bueller is Mia Sara, who is also in Legend with Tom Cruise.
And she is jewish.

So why'd you erase your little heartfelt drunken poem thread last night?

Neil

Quote from: Ideologue on February 17, 2012, 12:33:58 AM
Quote from: Neil on February 16, 2012, 10:32:22 PM
Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 10:26:16 PM
Killed people.  Degraded morale.  Destroyed their major port facilities.
And how would that have helped win the war in Vietnam?  Would that have prevented the antiwar movement from agitating surrender?
Quote from: NeilAirpower didn't defeat Japan, the USN defeated Japan
Conceding for argument's sake this is true, the USN defeated Japan with..? :P
Every weapon at their disposal, including dreadnought battleships.
We have fun, don't we? :hug:
We really do.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: Ideologue on February 16, 2012, 10:26:16 PM
Killed people.  Degraded morale.  Destroyed their major port facilities.

Quote from: NeilAirpower didn't defeat Japan, the USN defeated Japan

Conceding for argument's sake this is true, the USN defeated Japan with..? :P

Submarines -_-
Three lovely Prada points for HoI2 help

HisMajestyBOB

Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 01:01:26 AM

You should both move to Seoul, or at least Gyeonggi-do.
There's just so much more to do in that city.
If I go back to Korea, I'm not settling for less than Seoul proper.

jimmy olsen

Quote from: HisMajestyBOB on February 17, 2012, 08:56:53 AM
Quote from: jimmy olsen on February 17, 2012, 01:01:26 AM

You should both move to Seoul, or at least Gyeonggi-do.
There's just so much more to do in that city.
If I go back to Korea, I'm not settling for less than Seoul proper.
I'm much closer to Seoul here in the middle of Chungnam than I was living in Gyeonggi, the time it takes to get there has been cut almost in half. KTX will do that for you.
It is far better for the truth to tear my flesh to pieces, then for my soul to wander through darkness in eternal damnation.

Faye: Ordinary. The kind of beautiful, dangerous ordinary that you just can't leave alone.
1 Karma Chameleon point

jimmy olsen

So, you're doing this shit right?

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Yes, although money is an intervening issue.  I need to talk to my parents about this.

I guess I could sell my car.  But that would not be immediate and it would also put me in a serious bind.  And besides, I'll need it if I return.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

jimmy olsen

Most people I know sell their cars when they come over.

1 Karma Chameleon point

Ideologue

Actually, that raises a question--how do I get my stuff to Asia?  Cats, okay, that's probably not happening (although I will look into it), but what about my computer?  Do they put it in the airplane?

If I were to give someone a 47" TV and a large collection of comics, do you think that would be worth looking after my cats?
Kinemalogue

jimmy olsen

Quote from: Ideologue on February 18, 2012, 03:18:33 AM
Actually, that raises a question--how do I get my stuff to Asia?  Cats, okay, that's probably not happening (although I will look into it), but what about my computer?  Do they put it in the airplane?

If I were to give someone a 47" TV and a large collection of comics, do you think that would be worth looking after my cats?
You can have stuff shipped over but it's a bit expensive. Most people just take two large suitcases and a carry on laptop.  You can fit a surprising amount of stuff in that.

You're apartment will have a tv, though not 47''

1 Karma Chameleon point

HisMajestyBOB

lustindarkness

Grand Duke of Lurkdom