News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

:sleep:

Unless your RL name is Sergio and you hail from San Antonio, this is someone different. :)
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

How surprising that the most "vision-questy" day for Lettow consisted of Asian students talking all sorts of crap - while thinking themselves intellectuals.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2011, 07:39:33 AM
How surprising that the most "vision-questy" day for Lettow consisted of Asian students talking all sorts of crap - while thinking themselves intellectuals.
People Lettuce's age are cute... they think they know everything, despite having no real life experience. :)

Razgovory

I fully expect Lettow to one day inform us that Antarctica is the purest form of south and that he's moving down there.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Ideologue

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2011, 06:51:51 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2011, 02:35:51 AM
Fuck, nobody talks to anybody here.  Or maybe I'm just aloof.
:huh:

In Kentucky everyone is extremely friendly and people don't hesitate to talk to strangers.  Took me a while to get used to, but now I prefer it over the cold stare or eye contact avoidance town that is Boston.  I would have expected South Carolina to be the same as Kentucky.

It may be a personal problem.  Did I seem weird to you?  I mean, obviously not Lettow weird, but you know.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

Nah... you seemed shy, but not weird or shy in a creepy way or anything.

Jacob

That's what you do at that age.

garbon

Quote from: Jacob on June 24, 2011, 10:19:19 AM

I remember thinking - these conversations suck, let's drink! -_-
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Lettow77

Salt Lake City has an amazing light rail net. An old woman sitting in the grass smoking a joint outside a 7-11 gave me the sage advice to seek provo via said rail net and then the bus, but I missed the last bus to provo. It was an extremely wearying night- I hadn't eaten, and my amount of waking hours exceeded 24. I ended up getting to sleep in a nice patch of greenery.

I face the new day, and will shortly be departing into utah's heartland. I suspect this is an island of sin amongst the wider sea of Deseret, and that conditions will improve. As it is, I have met some amazingly friendly people. (And, it must be said, some gruff weirdos.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Quote from: Jacob on June 24, 2011, 10:19:19 AM

That's what I do at every age.

Quote from: caligaNah... you seemed shy, but not weird or shy in a creepy way or anything.

Ah, good.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

garbon

Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2011, 11:22:06 AM

Talk to people about how you aren't sure if you exist?

Jacob

You're still "that age" apparently.

Caliga

Don't get me wrong, I think it's a healthy thing to do, but I look back on those days and am kind of embarassed. :blush:

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Jacob on June 24, 2011, 11:34:35 AM

Isn't the point of this forum much the same thing?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Razgovory

Quote from: Jacob on June 24, 2011, 11:34:35 AM

I thought Ide was around my age.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017