News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

I am on the cusp of my great departure. Internet is presently a spotty prospect, and I cannot be on half as near as much as i'd like. However, during the VISION QUEST TO THE WEST, I will necessarily be cut off from the internet, to my dismay. Edit: There will of course be -SOME- internet, just..irregular. I look forward to making a log of what revelation and experiences find me on the road.

I look forward to seeing a land where Japanese run free uninhibited, but also I am anxious about the fact I will be among yankees, and forced to mingle with such a prevaricating and avaricious people. It cannot be helped, however; It could be that there is much to recommend yankee culture, even when compared to my glorious South. It is something one despairs to contemplate, but all possibilities must be considered. Certainly I will see the great paradise in the west, and prostrate myself before the sacred tabernacles of Deseret. If fortune favours me, I may find myself believing the absurd doctrines of the Latter Day Saints, although I rather doubt it- no religion with a proscription against tea could be divinely inspired.

In any event, in the tradition of Blanche, I will find myself relying on the kindness of strangers. An essential part of this journey is meeting strangers, and finding good in them as well as myself where presently I am troubled by the worth of both. This extends to Languish-  My memory of who all reside in the west is a sketchy thing, and I cannot be sure where-all I will trek to, (Trekking being a sacred afrikaner word) but even Alberta is not beyond the scope of possibility.

Anyone who would offer a gracious evening of hospitality will be much appreciated, and I would endeavor to present them with any paeans or productions as I can manage to create in their honour.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

katmai

Jaron is amongst the wackos of LDS if need a person to meet.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Admiral Yi

You're going to Utah to hunt Japanese chicks?

Ed Anger

Quote from: katmai on May 16, 2011, 05:38:20 PM
Jaron is amongst the wackos of LDS if need a person to meet.

That is just awesome.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

garbon

You clearly need to gain some maturity, so hopefully this helps you.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Eddie Teach

Are you gonna be taking peyote?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Lettow77

No peyote, no. I don't anticipate it, at any rate. I will try to approach situations with an open mind.

Yi, I think you misunderstand the intention of the GRAND VISION QUEST. Certainly, I couldn't imagine pursuing a woman, exactly- it'd be in ill intent, as I could probably not pursue a future with her, owing to difficulties of distance and so little time to get to know her.

However, Utah and seeing free range Japanese are absolutely on the agenda. Not necessarily at the same time- it is quite the VISION QUEST, and will span a considerable distance and time.

Admiral Yi

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 16, 2011, 06:25:30 PM
Yi, I think you misunderstand the intention of the GRAND VISION QUEST. Certainly, I couldn't imagine pursuing a woman, exactly- it'd be in ill intent, as I could probably not pursue a future with her, owing to difficulties of distance and so little time to get to know her.

How did you get this idea that there are Japanese in Utah, free range or otherwise?

Josquius

If you want to see free range Japanese wouldn't...Japan be the better option?
Or failing that Hawaii?
██████
██████
██████

katmai

What is this free range shit? We haven't kept them in cages in 60 some years.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

mongers

Quote from: Admiral Yi on May 16, 2011, 06:27:28 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on May 16, 2011, 06:25:30 PM

How did you get this idea that there are Japanese in Utah, free range or otherwise?

I don't think this map did:

"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Ed Anger

And inevitably, the soda/pop map will follow.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

mongers

Quote from: Ed Anger on May 16, 2011, 07:01:16 PM
And inevitably, the soda/pop map will follow.

"Whenever two or more map fetishists are gathered together, it shall be so"
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Lettow77

No no, I have no misconceptions about Utah. I know it is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed paradise, where the mud huts are thatched with gold. Japanese-sighting will come later, in the environs of the left coast.

Tonitrus

Quote from: Lettow77 on May 16, 2011, 07:13:50 PM
No no, I have no misconceptions about Utah. I know it is a blonde-haired, blue-eyed paradise, where the mud huts are thatched with gold. Japanese-sighting will come later, in the environs of the left coast.

So, free-range Japanese means meandering around California and mistaking them with Chinese/Koreans 50% of the time?  :P