News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Caliga

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 12, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
No, no. Biking is actually a lot less viable for wandering around the west than might have been previously expected.
:hmm:
And Salt Lake City has never heard of bike rental. (In fact, bike rental might be a mark against a city's character. File it under the subversive traits column)

Expenses were pretty light, though. Lighter, I think, than if I got a bike. And I saw a lot of places!

I can't imagine living in any of them. Tennessee is home, even if I didn't know anyone there.
I like to sing Rocky Top and hear it performed.  I heard Dolly Parton's band do it in Pigeon Forge.  :alberta:
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Ed Anger

Quote from: Caliga on July 12, 2011, 06:15:48 PM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 12, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
No, no. Biking is actually a lot less viable for wandering around the west than might have been previously expected.
:hmm:
And Salt Lake City has never heard of bike rental. (In fact, bike rental might be a mark against a city's character. File it under the subversive traits column)

Expenses were pretty light, though. Lighter, I think, than if I got a bike. And I saw a lot of places!

I can't imagine living in any of them. Tennessee is home, even if I didn't know anyone there.
I like to sing Rocky Top and hear it performed.  I heard Dolly Parton's band do it in Pigeon Forge.  :alberta:

I had a friend drunkenly call me from that stadium and scream ROCKY TOP at the top of his lungs last year. Then Florida kicked the Vols in the nuts and I got to leave taunting messages on his voicemail.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Capetan Mihali

"The internet's completely over. [...] The internet's like MTV. At one time MTV was hip and suddenly it became outdated. Anyway, all these computers and digital gadgets are no good. They just fill your head with numbers and that can't be good for you."
-- Prince, 2010. (R.I.P.)

Caliga

Lettow77

It took awhile after its proposed cancelling- getting home was somewhat difficult, and wearying.

However, I am back in glorious Memphis, the beautiful river city of my constant desire, where I never should have left. The South is a sacred place! Let us not leave it again, unless it is to go to Japan.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 12, 2011, 12:06:33 PM
Also, the dakimakura is on its way.
Isn't that a little weird?
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

HVC

See Grey Fox, you're no better then Lettow :contract:
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

Razgovory

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 25, 2011, 02:45:32 PM
It took awhile after its proposed cancelling- getting home was somewhat difficult, and wearying.

However, I am back in glorious Memphis, the beautiful river city of my constant desire, where I never should have left. The South is a sacred place! Let us not leave it again, unless it is to go to Japan.

Glad you made it back safely.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Barrister

Posts here are my own private opinions.  I do not speak for my employer.

Caliga

I think the details of your VISION QUEST would make a neat movie. :)

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Caliga on July 25, 2011, 06:23:22 PM

I think the details of your VISION QUEST would make a neat movie. :)

It would be an indie thing starring Michael Sera and Ellen Page. Guest appearance by John Favreau as a friendly but insecure bus driver.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers

The Brain

Dolph Lundgren as the Aryan ubermensch.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: MadImmortalMan on July 25, 2011, 06:33:50 PM
It would be an indie thing starring Michael Sera and Ellen Page. Guest appearance by John Favreau as a friendly but insecure bus driver.

Dedicated to Mr. Ed Anger.
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Admiral Yi

What's Ellen supposed to do in a movie that's completely devoid of female roles? :hmm:

MadImmortalMan

Quote from: Admiral Yi on July 25, 2011, 06:41:42 PM

What's Ellen supposed to do in a movie that's completely devoid of female roles? :hmm:

She appears in fantasy clips surrounded by a cloud sticking out of Sera's head. She always wears either a kimono or a french maid outfit with cat ears.
"Stability is destabilizing." --Hyman Minsky

"Complacency can be a self-denying prophecy."
"We have nothing to fear but lack of fear itself." --Larry Summers