News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

garbon

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 25, 2011, 11:37:08 PM
Edit: regarding the dakimakura, it was a sudden decision encouraged by a gentleman of good taste. I will certainly invest the effort to see if any love and contentment can be derived there. No point not to try, right? The idea of a lovely maiden to have and to hold is worth the risk and the effort.

I hope you don't find yourself loving your pillow.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

mongers

Lettow you did all right, the intention was there, you gave it a go, so the execution was muddled, but what affairs aren't in life (I'm looking at myself here) and you've learnt some lessons from it; Well done :cheers:
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"

Razgovory

I don't understand these Jap terms.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Neil

Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2011, 08:08:48 AM
It's probably for the best.  With your existing mental illness, you might get sucked into the world of Japan-fanboyism, and that's not a very happy place.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2011, 07:43:09 AM
Quote from: Lettow77 on July 25, 2011, 11:37:08 PM
Edit: regarding the dakimakura, it was a sudden decision encouraged by a gentleman of good taste. I will certainly invest the effort to see if any love and contentment can be derived there. No point not to try, right? The idea of a lovely maiden to have and to hold is worth the risk and the effort.

For those curious, it is the lovely miss Tsumugi Kotobuki.
I think that you might be starting to be going a little too far.  The dakimakura on it's own is a bit alarming, because many of the people who get them are doing so in order to withdraw ever further from society.  Combined with your use of the phrase '3DPD', I think that you need to make more of an effort to meet real people and conform back home.  If you aspire to be a Southern gentleman you're going to have to have the means, and in order to do that you're going to have to function in society.  To put it in terms you'll understand, what happens to hikikomori in real life?

Also, I would have thought it would have been Mio.

Let me put Neil's advice into a more..fatherly sort of advice:

GODDAMMIT BOY, GROW THE FUCK UP.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Lettow77

Neil, you are right as always. hikikomori-dom is a concern, but I am going to be at Martin, TN. The people one might meet there aren't necessarily up to standard. I will make some effort- I think i'll look into joining the debate team? And I will need to join a study group for japanese, since my ability with languages is pretty abysmal and the moon runes are complex.

However, I admit the dakimakura is intended to make withdrawing from society more gentle and easier. I have always been a bit too clingy, and without a cat, the charming roommate, or the missus, it will help to have someone to talk to and adore. Hopefully fairly harmless, surely? I fully intend to function in society and acquire gainful employment- my sense of duty and obligation will keep me from the idle life I might otherwise adopt.

And Mio would certainly be the candidate if it wasn't Mugi. Mio's more physically attractive, and her mannerisms are endearing, but I have a weakness for the mothering nature of Mugi. Her penchant for serving tea and cakes is delightful, and she is the most refined and ladylike of the group, which is also something I appreciate. Additionally, Miss Mugi will be in a maid outfit. While clothing like that is also available for Mio, one has to take their feelings into consideration. Such attire delights Mugi, but Mio would be embarassed and self-conscious. It is quite out of character for her, and I'd hate to think my companion was ill at ease.

Mugi never got enough of a fanbase, I thought.

(To say nothing of how overrated Yui is.)
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

Quote from: Neil on July 26, 2011, 08:09:59 AM
Quote from: Razgovory on July 26, 2011, 08:08:48 AM
It's probably for the best.  With your existing mental illness, you might get sucked into the world of Japan-fanboyism, and that's not a very happy place.

That's not likely to happen, but I made the mistake of looking up this kind of shit before.  Bleh.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

garbon

"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."

I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Ed Anger

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 26, 2011, 06:09:08 PM

Neil, you are right as always. hikikomori-dom is a concern, but I am going to be at Martin, TN. The people one might meet there aren't necessarily up to standard. I will make some effort- I think i'll look into joining the debate team? And I will need to join a study group for japanese, since my ability with languages is pretty abysmal and the moon runes are complex.

However, I admit the dakimakura is intended to make withdrawing from society more gentle and easier. I have always been a bit too clingy, and without a cat, the charming roommate, or the missus, it will help to have someone to talk to and adore. Hopefully fairly harmless, surely? I fully intend to function in society and acquire gainful employment- my sense of duty and obligation will keep me from the idle life I might otherwise adopt.

And Mio would certainly be the candidate if it wasn't Mugi. Mio's more physically attractive, and her mannerisms are endearing, but I have a weakness for the mothering nature of Mugi. Her penchant for serving tea and cakes is delightful, and she is the most refined and ladylike of the group, which is also something I appreciate. Additionally, Miss Mugi will be in a maid outfit. While clothing like that is also available for Mio, one has to take their feelings into consideration. Such attire delights Mugi, but Mio would be embarassed and self-conscious. It is quite out of character for her, and I'd hate to think my companion was ill at ease.

Mugi never got enough of a fanbase, I thought.

(To say nothing of how overrated Yui is.)

Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

Ideologue

Ok I looked up dakimakura, and that is sad.

I also looked up 3D pig-disgusting, because that's one cryptic epithet.  That's crazy talk.

I mean, give up on women and the exoteric society if you want, but be a grown-up about it and admit it's because you failed, instead of hiding behind the world's gauziest psychological defenses.

Also, I missed a whole page of the thread, so oops.

Quote from: TimIde, they put red pepper powder/sauce on a lot of stuff. Ever had Budae jjigae? That can get pretty hot.

No, I haven't had that.  The last time I ate a Korean stew there was an unshelled crustacean in it.  Why don't I just go outside and eat cockroaches whole?
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Jacob

Quote from: Ideologue on July 26, 2011, 06:33:03 PMNo, I haven't had that.  The last time I ate a Korean stew there was an unshelled crustacean in it.  Why don't I just go outside and eat cockroaches whole?

Because the cockroaches will come inside eventually?

Lettow77

I failed? I am not sure what that means, ide, but not so!

I upheld my end of the social contract with the missus. That it ended was no fault of mine. As for other women- it's just too wearying right now. Who wants to have to pretend to be on their level? Women typically can't carry on informed conversation. You have to restrict yourself too much and it feels like you are stooping. I have as little interests in their spheres of interest as they do mine. Besides merely having cultivated stupidity, (for women aren't inherently stupid- society just encourages them to act so) they are a bit crass and unladylike for my tastes.

The ones who are suitably DEMURE have lost themselves in Christianity and it can take an unpleasant bent for an unbeliever like myself.

If I found a delightful maiden, I'd make an effort- but I am too tired to look for one, really. That goes for friends as well. I was planning to withdraw and focus on academia and anime this fall. I don't think i've "failed" at all.  I've had to come to terms with the fact that I am not as incredible as my upbringing lead me to believe, but I am still brighter than the average person and reasonably competent. I'll be fine.

And 2D does surpass 3D pretty convincingly- idealized depictions will always surpass the disappointing reality. I have an obligation to sire children, but it isn't on the agenda for the near future.

It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Ideologue

Anime chicks tend to look like Greys.

Dude, I think we're going through the same sort of thing but reacting to it totally differently.  I've largely withdrawn myself since the end of school, and since Korea took off.  However, I recognize that my lack of a healthy social network (at least that survived her) and prospective sexual partners is basically my own fault, a personal failure, which I won't let occur again if I can help it.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 26, 2011, 06:09:08 PM
However, I admit the dakimakura is intended to make withdrawing from society more gentle and easier.
Maybe you should avoid it then.  Withdrawing from society, even such as it is in Martin, is a terrible idea.  Better to slum than to cut off human contact.
I do not hate you, nor do I love you, but you are made out of atoms which I can use for something else.

Neil

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 26, 2011, 07:09:07 PM
And 2D does surpass 3D pretty convincingly- idealized depictions will always surpass the disappointing reality.
Perhaps as masturbatory aids?  Actual women have features that fictional representations do not.