Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Ideologue

Quote from: garbon on June 24, 2011, 11:26:26 AM
Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2011, 11:22:06 AM
That's what I do at every age.

Talk to people about how you aren't sure if you exist?

Well, not in the specifics.  That's a pretty stupid position to take.  But the point is I might argue about it as if it mattered more than the average bowel movement.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Lettow77

VISION QUEST to the WEST has entered an extremely drift-y phase.

I have EXHAUSTED my WELCOME in DESERET, and found Oregon a little UNPLEASANT although parts of it were QUAINT

I am now turning east back to the lands of the homeplace- extremely transient and subject to change but I intend to at some point or another arrive in INDEPENDENCE, MISSOURI

Also I think I am getting a lot better at the VISION QUEST, nothing will EVER BE THE SAME

I was foolish to grow discontented with the South, but it was necessary that I leave my beloved home to realize its greatness

I wish to compose a tragic piece in which Deseret applies for statehood into the Confederacy but prejudices on both sides leads to disaster

Also I have given it contemplation, and the state best suited for settlement by JAPANESE COLONISTS is NORTH CAROLINA, and I will store this idea for later

I'd like to thank languish for being OUTSTANDING, but I regret I am much too busy to be on a computer much- I am keeping a written journal which will eventually find its way here, but it is sort of sparse as well, making log only of wonderful encounters such as the hobbit from north carolina or derek the dark one and so on.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Razgovory

What happened in Utah?  People annoyed with your weird musings?  And yeah, we all told you that going to the West coast wasn't going to fix your problems.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Why is Lettow writing in Victorian style?
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

Razgovory

Quote from: Habbaku on July 07, 2011, 10:20:50 PM
Why is Lettow writing in Victorian style?

He always does.  Nobody knows why.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

Habbaku

Not always.  That post is an egregious example, though.
The medievals were only too right in taking nolo episcopari as the best reason a man could give to others for making him a bishop. Give me a king whose chief interest in life is stamps, railways, or race-horses; and who has the power to sack his Vizier (or whatever you care to call him) if he does not like the cut of his trousers.

Government is an abstract noun meaning the art and process of governing and it should be an offence to write it with a capital G or so as to refer to people.

-J. R. R. Tolkien

ulmont

Quote from: Habbaku on July 07, 2011, 10:25:27 PM
Not always.  That post is an egregious example, though.

I think you meant to say:

NOT always.  THAT post is an EGREGIOUS example, though.

DontSayBanana

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2011, 10:15:45 PM
I have EXHAUSTED my WELCOME in DESERET, and found Oregon a little UNPLEASANT although parts of it were QUAINT

Lemme guess: you came in via Portland, the Hipster Capital of the World.
Experience bij!

Ed Anger

I guess the future south will not have future hillbilly/chinamen girl babies to rescue it from space. What a QUITTER.
Stay Alive...Let the Man Drive

HVC

people, keep an eye on the news, i foresee a west sweeping killing spree.
Being lazy is bad; unless you still get what you want, then it's called "patience".
Hubris must be punished. Severely.

sbr

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 07, 2011, 10:15:45 PM

Good, my warning worked, now we can go back to being ourselves.

Lettow77

The VISION QUEST has come to an agreeable end. Or rather, is coming to an end; I have yet to return to Tennessee, although I intend to do so shortly.

There was significant improvement! Interesting people were met, a plan was drawn up for the next year, and life is happier than it was on the departing. More importantly, the foundation for a stable and happy existence has been lain.

Also, the dakimakura is on its way.

Grey Fox

Did you or did you not buy a bike in the end?
Colonel Caliga is Awesome.

Lettow77

No, no. Biking is actually a lot less viable for wandering around the west than might have been previously expected. And Salt Lake City has never heard of bike rental. (In fact, bike rental might be a mark against a city's character. File it under the subversive traits column)

Expenses were pretty light, though. Lighter, I think, than if I got a bike. And I saw a lot of places!

I can't imagine living in any of them. Tennessee is home, even if I didn't know anyone there.

Eddie Teach

Quote from: Lettow77 on July 12, 2011, 12:40:07 PM
Tennessee is home, even if I didn't know anyone there.

Do you like to play horseshoes?
To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?