And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Lovely crowd today-
Manchurian, history major, economic focus
Taiwanese, philosophy/poli sci major, very theological christian, spends a lot of time looking for the true church
Taiwanese, imperialist/nationalist romantic type
Japanese, liberal with a communist parent, thinks Japan should pursue a conciliatory course with North Korea

Drinks and philosophy! For hours and hours. Ate duck and lamb.

Was good day. Fulfilling. They are still going at it now. Just heard "..descartes...something something..But I do not necessarily know that I exist."

urgh, that Christian means well, but his beliefs are obtuse. War is never justified, hyuk hyuk. And the warmonger is too romantic. Only the Manchurian makes much sense, but he claims china ceased to exist in 1911.

(He has, however, made common cause with me re: afrikaners, pied noirs, and Southerners, and drew parallels to them with the Manchurian people. We agreed Manchurian independence was a desirable outcome.)

Today felt more vision-questy than most days.

Edit: a cute chinaman girl with some french blood, gave her freckles. Most adorable! But still, chinaman girl.. although her purity was commendable.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

CountDeMoney

I really wish runaway slaves would assfuck you on Jefferson Davis' Birthday.  Now that's vision-questy.

Lettow77

Cantergreyhound tails: A chronicle of a pilgrimage

Greyhound at 1 AM, berkeley to salt lake city, draws out a very odd group. A young lady on a vision quest in a furry hat, seeking to master the violin, another woman in her middle age, who speaks to herself silently and later applied white-out to her hair inexplicably, to no comment from anyone. A PLETHORA OF MEXICANS. A trashy couple, with the lady bearing a child.  The prototypical he-man with the drooping moustache and flannel attire. Some people of indeterminate yellow origin who speak incessently to one another in furreigner-speak.

The journey was quite long. Nevada is dismal, notable chiefly for its conspicuous lack of state flags on display and the strange penchant the state has for labelling all of its towns with initials set in stone on hillsides. However, at Elko, a mormon family got aboard- Shortly each adult had offered me food or drink, independently of each other and not realizing the other already had. I was charmed and delighted, and more than passing fond of them.

Once we passed into Utah, there was immediately an outpouring of salt upon the ground. It went on for quite some time- and the locals have an endearing habit of writing messages with rocks in the salt. The messages are almost overwhelmingly uplifting, primarily confessions of love, and statements of christ's love for all of us.  It was really quite delightful. These sights ill prepared me to arrive in salt lake city.

Salt Lake City is hot, which I expected, but I expected to enjoy it. Certainly, berkeley is too cold- have I gone soft? In any event, I am exhausted, hungry, and thirsty above all else. Greyhound makes a point to put their station in the bad part of every town, so I was assailed by lamanites and other gentiles of the lowest class from the second I stepped foot into the city- "Pioneer park" might better be renamed as a hobo internment camp.

The town overflows with gentiles! Meanwhile, not living in salt lake county is a social death sentence- the library has restricted me to an hour of internet, and everyone looks at me funny at the news that I am not from around here. This is all sort of a debacle. I shall seek liquid, and fast- It will even be tea. I am feeling rebellious. The slender master race of people named heber and leah, eating lembas and quotign the words of wisdom, have yet to surface.

On the bright side, this town has an enormous saturation of weeaboos, it seems.

Admiral Yi

I've never thought to ask a panhandler his religious affiliation.

Monoriu

One thing that annoyed me when I was in North America was that so many strangers would approach me and attempt to initiate conversation.  This almost never happens in HK.  If I take a long-haul bus trip, I expect to remain silent for the duration of the trip. 

Lettow77

Actually, the opposite annoyed me- it's much chattier back home. I talked to strangers on the MATA bus every day I used it, which was just about every school day in high school. I have had great talks with hobos in midtown, etc. I tried starting up conversations with folks on the bus to utah- could shoulder.

DAILY INTERNET LIMIT REACHED
fascist mormon impositions
I am but a gentile and must suffer the tax they levy upon all fellow people of the Book for the sufferance of co-existence

I will update whenever I can.

Monoriu

See, you need a source of income to overcome such hurdles in life. 

Jacob

What happened to the bicycle?

Ideologue

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 23, 2011, 08:43:52 PM
Actually, the opposite annoyed me- it's much chattier back home. I talked to strangers on the MATA bus every day I used it, which was just about every school day in high school. I have had great talks with hobos in midtown, etc. I tried starting up conversations with folks on the bus to utah- could shoulder.

Fuck, nobody talks to anybody here.  Or maybe I'm just aloof.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

The Brain

Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Caliga

Quote from: Ideologue on June 24, 2011, 02:35:51 AM
Fuck, nobody talks to anybody here.  Or maybe I'm just aloof.
:huh:

In Kentucky everyone is extremely friendly and people don't hesitate to talk to strangers.  Took me a while to get used to, but now I prefer it over the cold stare or eye contact avoidance town that is Boston.  I would have expected South Carolina to be the same as Kentucky.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Razgovory

More and more Lettow's writings are reminding of that Fraggle that went in to the world of humans to observe them.
I've given it serious thought. I must scorn the ways of my family, and seek a Japanese woman to yield me my progeny. He shall live in the lands of the east, and be well tutored in his sacred trust to weave the best traditions of Japan and the Sacred South together, until such time as he (or, indeed his house, which will periodically require infusion of both Southern and Japanese bloodlines of note) can deliver to the South it's independence, either in this world or in space.  -Lettow April of 2011

Raz is right. -MadImmortalMan March of 2017

CountDeMoney

Quote from: Razgovory on June 24, 2011, 06:59:55 AM
More and more Lettow's writings are reminding of that Fraggle that went in to the world of humans to observe them.

It's more like De Tocqueville, except stupid and not French.

Caliga

:lmfao: Travelin' Matt, right?  When I was in college we used to make fun of a kid on our floor and call him that, because he was always going to all these weird places on his bicycle and giving everyone an AAR afterward.
0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

mongers

Quote from: Caliga on June 24, 2011, 07:21:08 AM
:lmfao: Travelin' Matt, right?  When I was in college we used to make fun of a kid on our floor and call him that, because he was always going to all these weird places on his bicycle and giving everyone an AAR afterward.

You called.  :)
"We have it in our power to begin the world over again"