News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

VISION QUEST TO THE WEST

Started by Lettow77, May 16, 2011, 05:27:24 PM

Previous topic - Next topic

Lettow77

Plans for biking to Utah gain momentum. I imagine the trip will take less than a month.
It can't be helped...We'll have to use 'that'

Eddie Teach

To sleep, perchance to dream. But in that sleep of death, what dreams may come?

Ideologue

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on June 11, 2011, 02:37:26 AM
A month on a bicycle. :x

Mongers came.

And there are Unitarian Universalists in South Carolina, L.  My dad used to lecture at their seances or whatever.
Kinemalogue
Current reviews: The 'Burbs (9/10); Gremlins 2: The New Batch (9/10); John Wick: Chapter 2 (9/10); A Cure For Wellness (4/10)

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

garbon

That update seemed more like mental masturbation than anything else. Sounds like he isn't using time wisely to do things...and it is amusing that he thought he'd ever enjoy Berkeley.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Monoriu

Pizza collectives :mmm:  I hate the idea, but love their pizzas.  Did you try this?

http://cheeseboardcollective.coop/

The serve some of the best pizzas I have ever tasted :mmm:

Caliga

Quote from: garbon on June 11, 2011, 09:10:06 AM
That update seemed more like mental masturbation than anything else. Sounds like he isn't using time wisely to do things...and it is amusing that he thought he'd ever enjoy Berkeley.
*shrug* There are a lot of lunatics there. :)

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2011, 12:00:44 PM

Sure, but in an extreme liberal type way.
"I've never been quite sure what the point of a eunuch is, if truth be told. It seems to me they're only men with the useful bits cut off."
I drank because I wanted to drown my sorrows, but now the damned things have learned to swim.

Caliga

Once you cross the lunacy threshold, IMO political alignment doesn't matter all that much anymore. :sleep:

katmai

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2011, 12:00:44 PM
Like any college town.
Fat, drunk and stupid is no way to go through life, son

Gbeagle

Quote from: Lettow77 on June 10, 2011, 09:35:36 PMHaving been to Charleston, Richmond is the principal holy city I have yet to take in the airs of- to say nothing of New Orleans, although the latter isn't exactly what one might call holy, except in the sense that a moonlit forest glade filled with dancing pagans and profane altars could be deemed sacred.
As someone who grew up in Richmond (I don't live there anymore), I fear it might disappoint you. It, like Northern Va, has been taken over by Yankee carpetbaggers. Note: I was one of these, since my parents fled there from the post-apoplectic wasteland (back then it was at least) know as western Pennsylvania, so feel free to disregard my words as the silver-tongued lies of a dirty Yankee.  ;)

All of the historical Civil War stuff is still there to see of course. Beyond that it is not the most exciting town overall in terms of things to do. Really nice place to live, but not very exciting for a tourist to visit probably. Though that is probably just my over familiarity with it talking, so take that statement with a grain of salt. You'd probably like it a lot more than Berkeley based on what you've said.

If you do go to Richmond though I'd avoid Carytown (a neighborhood). It is a wretched hive of bohemian horror. I doubt you'd want to see such a thing.

I'd assume by the pizza collective in Berkeley you meant the Cheese Board, as has been suggested. Yeah, the idea is sort of silly, but the pizza is amazing!

Berkeley is sort of an odd place, but its not really that bad...

garbon

Quote from: Caliga on June 11, 2011, 03:36:31 PM
Once you cross the lunacy threshold, IMO political alignment doesn't matter all that much anymore. :sleep:

Actually it does matter. That's why Lettow wouldn't like them much. :contract:

garbon

Quote from: katmai on June 11, 2011, 09:44:13 PM
Like any college town.

Berkeley definitely has a bit more of that vibe than other college towns in there area. Compare and contrast Palo Alto/Menlo Park/Mountain View with Berkeley. :P

PDH

I have come to believe that the whole world is an enigma, a harmless enigma that is made terrible by our own mad attempt to interpret it as though it had an underlying truth.
-Umberto Eco

-------
"I'm pretty sure my level of depression has nothing to do with how much of a fucking asshole you are."

-CdM