News:

And we're back!

Main Menu

The Off Topic Topic

Started by Korea, March 10, 2009, 06:24:26 AM

Previous topic - Next topic

Tamas

Quote from: Peter Wiggin on September 10, 2015, 05:17:55 AM
Which wacky American team names do you have in mind?

Any that does not sound like a Hobbit team from the Shire.

Syt

My favorite baseball logo has to be the one for the Normal Cornbelters, though. That corn cob has not a single fuck to give.

I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Proud owner of 42 Zoupa Points.

Valmy

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2015, 05:00:56 AM
:lol:
Its almost like they're mocking wacky American team names

More like paying tribute. Minor League Baseball teams have alot of fun with their mascots and logos.
Quote"This is a Russian warship. I propose you lay down arms and surrender to avoid bloodshed & unnecessary victims. Otherwise, you'll be bombed."

Zmiinyi defenders: "Russian warship, go fuck yourself."

Malthus

Quote from: Syt on September 10, 2015, 07:23:42 AM
My favorite baseball logo has to be the one for the Normal Cornbelters, though. That corn cob has not a single fuck to give.

Those are the normal Cornbelters. Where are the abnormal ones?

Or are they called the "Cornholers"?  :P
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

Syt

Based on their Wiki page it seems a decent place to live/work.
I am, somehow, less interested in the weight and convolutions of Einstein's brain than in the near certainty that people of equal talent have lived and died in cotton fields and sweatshops.
—Stephen Jay Gould

Malthus

Quote from: Caliga on September 10, 2015, 08:38:36 AM
Normal is a town. :)

If I lived in a town called "normal" in the middle of the corn belt, I'd wear an expression like that.  :D
The object of life is not to be on the side of the majority, but to escape finding oneself in the ranks of the insane—Marcus Aurelius

alfred russel

Quote from: Malthus on September 10, 2015, 08:49:05 AM
Quote from: Caliga on September 10, 2015, 08:38:36 AM
Normal is a town. :)

If I lived in a town called "normal" in the middle of the corn belt, I'd wear an expression like that.  :D

You are the kind of guy that would wear a shirt like that if you lived there, but you are also the kind of the guy that would never live in a town called normal in the middle of the corn belt.  :P
They who can give up essential liberty to obtain a little temporary safety, deserve neither liberty nor safety.

There's a fine line between salvation and drinking poison in the jungle.

I'm embarrassed. I've been making the mistake of associating with you. It won't happen again. :)
-garbon, February 23, 2014

Syt

Parents in Berlin covered up a billboard advertising Iron Maiden's new album:

The paper reads, "There's several kindergartens and an elementary school in the immediate vicinity. Therefore this billboard has no business here!"

The full cover:

—Stephen Jay Gould

Caliga

0 Ed Anger Disapproval Points

The Brain

They're right. Teachers are pretty sensitive.
Women want me. Men want to be with me.

Josquius

Well that's annoying. For no apparent reason apparently even f you find a shop open after 9 here you can't buy beer there, even if it's on full display.
Oh how I hate this country.
██████
██████
██████

Liep

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2015, 02:44:44 PM
Well that's annoying. For no apparent reason apparently even f you find a shop open after 9 here you can't buy beer there, even if it's on full display.

I remember the days you had to plan your alcohol purchases here. Then sense prevailed.
"Af alle latterlige Ting forekommer det mig at være det allerlatterligste at have travlt" - Kierkegaard

"JamenajmenømahrmDÆ!DÆ! Æhvnårvaæhvadlelæh! Hvor er det crazy, det her, mand!" - Uffe Elbæk

Malthus

Quote from: Tyr on September 10, 2015, 02:44:44 PM

They just want to save you from your horrid alcoholism.  :goodboy: :pope:

Admiral Yi

Jean Calvin was Swiss after all. :contract: